Mental Health Forums

Wellbutin

roxy

Hi all,

I'm an Australian bpd and am interested in wellbutin.

It is not available in Australia...we really lag behind.

I am interested if any of you have tried this med, and with

what success? I've tried many ssri's with bad side effects

always but have heard good reports on this one.

Can anyone help? :wub:

roxy.

• 2 weeks later...

Think wellbutrin is called zyban in the UK and is an ssri also used as an anti-addiction drug.

Not recommended for anyone with a history of eating disorder.

Potential side effects include hallucinations, delusions and other fun effects.

Supposed to be good at curing addictions though.

I've never tried it.

Toadstool

i was on it. it cause wierd side effects for me. i would sit at my desk and shuffle papers and not be able to focus at all. it put me in a kind of la la land. i felt good but i couldnt accomplish anything. in the usa they sometimes give it to smokers to help them quit. i can see why they quit... i smoke and i couldnt even remember to do that, also couldnt remember to eat... where i should be when... what i had just said.

i got off!

Bets

ps - of course all meds affect each differently.

Went on Wellbutrin .....ended up back in the hospital.....played mind games with me........too many hallucinations.....fell alot too.....clumsy......swollen legs.......was not a good drug for me.....sorry

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Wellbutrin for several months to help quit smoking. It was doing the job, and then I had surgery, and for some reason felt I should go off the Wellbutrin because I would be on pain killers, etc. I went off without consulting my doctor. In a few days I began having visual hallucinations, waves of deathly depression, crying uncontrollably, etc. It was a bad time. I am on my third therapist since that time(one dumped me and one fell asleep on me). My current therapist is standing firm so far...

Oh, we were talking about Wellbutrin. It made me feel good while I was on it. I was happy, a bit high, was dieting and cutting down on smoking greatly. It was in short, slowly driving me crazy, and just going off cold turkey clinched the deal.

Archived