Mental Health Forums

Mentally Tired

Mole

I've always found that medication makes thinking slugish and exausting SO I go to bed not because i'm sleepy or lazy, but because i get fed up with thinking.

I find that cannabis wakes up my mind and makes thinking easier and enjoyable - i'm then able to enjoy hobbies and ' have a good day'.

I've always found that medication makes thinking slugish and exausting SO I go to bed not because i'm sleepy or lazy, but because i get fed up with thinking.

I find that cannabis wakes up my mind and makes thinking easier and enjoyable - i'm then able to enjoy hobbies and ' have a good day'.

In the UK at the moment, Cannabis is a 'class C drug ' and is non arrestible in small amounts, but still illegal.

I beleive in God, and if he created I have no worries in using it - but not abusing it.

Moderation in all things.

Cannabis is well regarded as a medicinal drug both for physical and mental illnesses, as you said if used in moderation. Althgouh i have used it for both purposes in the past i no longer find that it helps. but if you do then good luck with it im pleased you have found something that can help you function, i know meds can be 'difficult' sometimes.

I find cannabis does the opposite to me, the feeling of being monged out gets on my nerves hence why i turn to er...other drugs for a high lol. But its great that it helps you, it's not actually illegal to smoke in your own home, i've got caught with it on me once or twice and the police have just confiscated it.

Like you say, in moderation there is no harm, just make sure you don't build up a reliance on it when you're stressed, most of my friends rely on it day in day out and they are a nightmare when they don't have any!

I find cannabis does the opposite to me, the feeling of being monged out gets on my nerves hence why i turn to er...other drugs for a high lol. But its great that it helps you, it's not actually illegal to smoke in your own home, i've got caught with it on me once or twice and the police have just confiscated it.

Like you say, in moderation there is no harm, just make sure you don't build up a reliance on it when you're stressed, most of my friends rely on it day in day out and they are a nightmare when they don't have any!

The ' Class C drug ' has been cultivated and researched in Derriford hospital Plymouth and is now used in tablet form for pain relief of multible sclerosis.

Also used in Ausralia for pain relief of the terminally ill

Hi Mole,

I too find the meds they give me a complete pain (and waste of tax payers money), and over the last week have stopped taking my anti-psych and feel so much more alive and well for it (i haven't told them yet). I too smoke a small amount of cannabis, mainly during the evening to help me chill out and relax otherwise i'd never stop (my Dr's know this too). As i told them i've smoked for over 10years (only 1 a night mainly) and never had any negative effects (apart from the odd whitey ;) ), in fact it has helped hold me together when works' been really tough.

• 3 weeks later...

That is the addiction talking I am afraid to say.. I used to think the same as you but soon learned that it clouded my thinking and made my thinking worse. I do agree that many of the meds they put people on make us out of it..I take seroquel and it totally makes me a zombie the next day.

That is the addiction talking I am afraid to say.. I used to think the same as you but soon learned that it clouded my thinking and made my thinking worse. I do agree that many of the meds they put people on make us out of it..I take seroquel and it totally makes me a zombie the next day.

I think it is addictive or it's affects are ;

last year I gave it up for 6 months - I read all the harry potter books, i totaly redecorated the Flat - but I couldn't keep up the momentum of occupational therapy.

I'm hoping to try an extra tablet soon - it should ' wake me up '

Archived