Mental Health Forums

Alternative Therapies

19ellie

Does anyone have any alternative therapies? I used to have Reiki on a monthly basis, and had my first session this morning in 18months.

This was the analogy she came up with, was spooky cos she was pretty accurate!

I am extremely tense again. My energy isn't flowing properly around my head or chest. There is a quite strong energy flow down my legs but gets stuck at my feet.

My head is spinning in circles. It will not switch off. I am at the point where I was when I first started having Reiki 18 months ago, with one difference. I no longer look to others for solutions to my problems. I know only me can deal with them.

My sinuses are sluggish. They are not completely blocked, but not clear either. Could be that I am starting with another cold, and I think its going straight to my chest. M felt sharp pains when she did the Reiki around my head and neck.

One analogy she came up with is that if I were to turn in a circle, I would get half way, then not know which way to turn. It could be in either direction and I stumble and falter.

She says I have grown as a person in 18 months. There is a plan of what I want to do in the future, but there is a load of stuff dumped on top of it. My head is like a teenagers bedroom. Messy, unorganised, and I don't know where anything is.

I must keep going in the same direction and not let my actions over the past few months stop that, neither to repeat them.

I will feel tired this afternoon. Its taken a lot out of me. She doesn't recommend Reiki for 5/6 weeks. She says in 3 weeks I'll have a better picture, but still won't know what to do with it. In 4/5 weeks I should be able to see a little clearer.

Hope so! But fairly accurate seeing as though all she knew is that I had been in hospital, and not had Reiki for about 18 months.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I really really struggled to relax physically and mentally. But thats nothing new for me, unfortunately. But she sensed that too, and sometimes I got a bit panicky. And this sounds so stupid, but I had to imagine my ASW talking me through it, cos at the moment, she's the only one I trust, and even so, thats been tarnished with what happened last week re lack of honesty, finding out I have a dx of BPD etc.

Helen

I've lots of complementary therapies and I owe where I am now to them...together with the work I've done on myself. Traditional therapies and medication didn't help me at all.

I've included a list of things that have helped me on my profile, in case that's helpful for anyone.

Reiki - really depends on who is doing it, I was lucky to know a very gifted healer and he set me on my path to recovery. I was completely apathetic before that session but afterwards I began to feel, enjoy things and start to like myself. Just one session did that.

Crystals - I have a house full, wonderful vibrational healing.

Time - line (NLP) - stopped me self harming and going into obsessive modes and generally BPD like. Just one session did that.

Cranio-sacral therapy - removed pain nothing else could

Metamorphic Technique - releases fears and old behaviour patterns, it's excellent.

Flower remedies - good for helping things along.

Colonic irrigation - removed the toxins that had built up and my mind is so much clearer now.

I've done work on self acceptance on myself and I'm a trained healer in reiki, spiritual healing, Indian head massage, Metamorhpic Technique so I can do those things on myself too. Counselling training really helped too. I also meditate and do energy work on myself for grounding, keeping my energy clear and healing.

I've lots of complementary therapies and I owe where I am now to them...together with the work I've done on myself. Traditional therapies and medication didn't help me at all.

I've included a list of things that have helped me on my profile, in case that's helpful for anyone.

Reiki - really depends on who is doing it, I was lucky to know a very gifted healer and he set me on my path to recovery. I was completely apathetic before that session but afterwards I began to feel, enjoy things and start to like myself. Just one session did that.

Crystals - I have a house full, wonderful vibrational healing.

Time - line (NLP) - stopped me self harming and going into obsessive modes and generally BPD like. Just one session did that.

Cranio-sacral therapy - removed pain nothing else could

Metamorphic Technique - releases fears and old behaviour patterns, it's excellent.

Flower remedies - good for helping things along.

Colonic irrigation - removed the toxins that had built up and my mind is so much clearer now.

I've done work on self acceptance on myself and I'm a trained healer in reiki, spiritual healing, Indian head massage, Metamorhpic Technique so I can do those things on myself too. Counselling training really helped too. I also meditate and do energy work on myself for grounding, keeping my energy clear and healing.

Whats Cranio-sacral therapy?

I enjoy Reiki. I'll relax more when I'm a bit more into it. The Reiki Master is really good, the one I use is anyway!

Helen

I can't explain it well Ellie, best to google it to find out more.

I was lucky with my reiki master because he is very skilled in energy work and is more of a pyschic surgeon. Reiki is generally about cleansing the chakras, which is fine but it only does so much. I could feel the threads being removed as he pulled them out, they were retained traumas (emotions are energy). What he achieved with me was in just one session.

Can I ask a naive question about this Reiki.. and it's because I don't know anything about it, and at the same time am a born skeptic...

How did she come up with all that about you Ellie?

Is it like gypsies and crystal balls?

and Innerpeace..

how can a colonic clear your mind when it is your bowels(etc) that they are emptying?

and what's a chakra? is that mystic too?

I'm attuned to reiki and do regular self treatements. It is very real I can promise you! I can feel the energy moving around my body in the form of pins and needles, coldness, heat etc.

Chakra= energy centres which we all have. The human body has seven major chakra areas where the energy is generated. A blocked chakra can cause a wide range of emotional and physcial difficulties.

hmm sounds very off the wall to me, but like i said above i know nothing and due to that am skeptical.

my friend sent me a rose quartz which she said she had programmed and i have to keep it on my window..well i do, but nothing has happened in my life to make me feel better or owt.

and i've had that Timeline Therapy that Innerpeace had, had it umm 4 years ago, but nowt changed after that either.

Nicky, I believe timeline worked for me because I really wanted it to and beleived it could...it has helped, I wouldn't have been able to react how I do now to things just by thinking it helped.

Colonics has many benefits, it cleared my head by getting rid of toxins from meds that can't get out of the body, they just sit there in the first part of colon and release toxins into the bloodstream and so into the brain. The effect is instant when the toxins are released, they come out as bright yellow (I couldn't see them but the practitioner could). There is also a link between the functioning of the bowel and the brain...people can get headaches from the food they eat and some are sick when they have migraines. I used to feel half asleep most of the time and really struggle with fuzzi-headness.

crystals are best kept with you...in a pocket on your left side or with rose quartz, as a pendant. Otherwise by your bed is best because that's the place you'll be longest in the day. I wouldn't put it on the windowsill, the sun will make it lose it's colour and I don't believe in programming crystals, especially by one person for another.

ah ok, ii see how colonic can work now you have explained it, don't want a hosepipe up my bum though :P

as for Timeline, i went with an open mind, but half way through i just wasnt at ease with it, but persevered to the end, maybe i shouldnt have done, i dunno.

ah ok, ii see how colonic can work now you have explained it, don't want a hosepipe up my bum though :P

That's funny...I've tried to get my boyfriend to give it ago as he has trouble with his skin and it's good for that too...keep threatening him I'll get a hosepipe! It's really not that bad...

skin.. ohh i have acne... still don't want a hosepipe up my bum :P will stick to Oxy

Well that's a sign of toxin build up trying to get out through the skin.

<starts boxing up a hose pipe to send to Nicky>

Can I ask a naive question about this Reiki.. and it's because I don't know anything about it, and at the same time am a born skeptic...

How did she come up with all that about you Ellie?

Is it like gypsies and crystal balls?

I was really skeptical when I first went. I got so many sessions free on the NHS, and originally went for massage, but she said Reiki would be more beneficial to me (and she was right).

I don't really understand it, I know that usually I can deeply relax. I couldn't today, not sure why - maybe new house, long time since I had any. I generally feel refreshed a couple of days afterwards when the tiredness has worn off more. I am really skeptical about Tarot / and psychics, which is strange cos my mums friend is psychic, and I believe people can be, but I also think they take a lot from body language.

Apparently when she was around my head she experienced hot pains, cos my sinuses aren't clear (not blocked, but not clear, lol) and I think I am getting a cold but never mentioned it, so that could be why.

So in other words, I haven't got a clue!!

Didnt Josh have one?

Only one session. It takes 3 to 4 sessions to go all round the colon and the toxins are stored at the furthermost area so they're not reached until the 3rd or 4th session.

I am really skeptical about Tarot / and psychics, which is strange cos my mums friend is psychic, and I believe people can be, but I also think they take a lot from body language.

Well reiki is energy work and psychicism is energy reading. When you know how they both work, it's hard to believe in one and not the other because they're both about energy. A healer uses energy to affect your energy, a psychic reads your energy and a medium links with the energy of spirit. We all have the ability to be psychic, we all have an energy system...energy connects with energy and information/healing passes through it.

I am really skeptical about Tarot / and psychics, which is strange cos my mums friend is psychic, and I believe people can be, but I also think they take a lot from body language.

Well reiki is energy work and psychicism is energy reading. When you know how they both work, it's hard to believe in one and not the other because they're both about energy. A healer uses energy to affect your energy, a psychic reads your energy and a medium links with the energy of spirit. We all have the ability to be psychic, we all have an energy system...energy connects with energy and information/healing passes through it.

A lot of the reason I tell myself I don't believe in ghosts etc cos I'm so afraid if I did, I'd see them at every corner! Ghosts freak me out. Reiki doesn't !!

:lol: :lol::lol:

A lot of the reason I tell myself I don't believe in ghosts etc cos I'm so afraid if I did, I'd see them at every corner! Ghosts freak me out. Reiki doesn't !!

Don't worry...I don't think you would, and if you did, just think of them being energy like us...we're energy incarnated in a human body and they're simply energy no longer in a human body. Not scary at all :blink:

don't know anything about therapies how do you find out about it

Either from someone you know (I've listed a few on my profile that I've tried) or from visiting something like a Mind Body Spirit Fayre, or crystal shops etc have leaflets, or there may be a complimentary therapy centre in your area, and there's a magazine (also online) that has all sorts but it's name escapes me for the moment!

Don't worry...I don't think you would, and if you did, just think of them being energy like us...we're energy incarnated in a human body and they're simply energy no longer in a human body. Not scary at all :blink:

:lol: thanks! I'll stick to none believing though!!

Archived