Mental Health Forums

Anti-anxiety Meds

lostsoul

hi i was just wondering if any of you found it weird being on anti-anxiety meds like lorazepam, cos for me its weird to be so relaxed, almost scary actually cos it is so strange and different. like i cant feel my heart beat its so slow and faint and usually it thumps away and it shakes my whole upper body.

so i guess i am freaking out cos its like im so still im dead. and everything is an effort, like i have no energy and all i want to do is collapse in a heap.

is this normal or am i actually gonna die??!!

oh and i have quite low blood pressure and they apparently make it low anyway, could this be why im flaking?

Thank you will be fine....think thats what they are supposed to do. Its gonna feel weird because your mind is so used to feeling anxious. Be careful though....anti-anxiety meds especially if they are benzos can become highly addictive and yu can't stop them on your own you have to be weaned off of them.

Benzos make me feel that way to if im a bit to generous with the dose :P

Could you see about taking the dose down a little?

For example 4mgs of diazepam doesnt ever do anything for me, yet sometimes 6mgs can make me feel like im drunk other times even 10mgs doesnt do all that much.

Hard to find a good safe balance.

xxxx

yeah i cannot get my head round the doses. i seem to react very strongly to even the smallest dose.

i was prescribed 1mg lorazepams and the pdoc told me to take half because of the risperdal experience being so severe on such a low dose.

i thought to be on the safe side i would halve that dose again, so i ended up taking only 0.25 mg.

why does everything i take do such weird shit to me? its the same with alcohol im pissed on one glass of wine.

its really bugging me cos i can't divide the pill up any more than into 0.25mgs or i'll have to snort the dust ffs!

anyway. i feel a bit better this evening. can actually function a bit now.

i will try the dust option tomorrow and speak to my pdoc about it on tuesday. maybe she can give me an even lower dose?

thanks for the advice guys - it is good to know that other people get weird on these bloody things too.

cheers lady / lorna

take cares!

lost

xx

:wub:

I had a reaction to Nyquil, a cold medicine...over the counter. I have not taken a prescription drug in probably over ten years. So I am very afraid of taking anti-depressants. I am sure I would have a bad reaction to. Good idea talking your your doctor. You are doing a good thing by decreasing the dosage safely. And you just started taking it so its not like you can be addicted straight away.

Good Luck with the anti-anxiety meds, lost... just sounds like you need to get the dosage right - good on you for taking less and recognising your intolerance so early. It may build up in time though.... thats the trouble with benzos as Lorna said. You may need more before you know it... Mind you, I am on 10mgs Diazepam whenever I want it (PRN) and can take up to 30 mgs a day - I dont do that much though... I have found its addicitive aspects havent really meant much to me... I really ONLY take it when I need it and get by fine that way... Good luck sweetiepie.. ;) It will come right.

Ginny :wub: :hug2:

I was once on anti-anxiety meds. All they did for me was keep me awake, so I asked the doc to take me off them. He had me weaned off them slowly. They are addictive and your body needs time to adjust being off them.

There is something called Buspar thats for anxiety and its not a benzo and its not addictive. The side effects don't seem that bad. Research that and ask your doc

ok thanks lady i will ask her... :)

pinklady - keep you awake? wowsers again!

i have trouble sitting up or even walking around on these without going to sleep. last night i fell asleep on mike's shoulder in like 2 minutes (normally takes about ten) and i think my brain was so shocked to find itself so unexpectedly, well, asleep, that it got scared something had gone awry and woke me up immediately with a big start. scared the shit outta mike, cos i really jumped and went FUKN HELL! really loudly. ha ha. i think i was dreaming way before being properly asleep. strange feeling.

i did that twice actually. and got very strange dreams the last two days.

i think its amazing what a little pill can do!

anyways. ty all.

happy snoozies

claire

x

Archived