Mental Health Forums

Yeah

mimi

:) Yeah,

Fantastic news for me today. I have been accepted into a theraputic community. I used to go there but I broke lots of rules but they have accepted me back. I've worked hard on getting to this point so I am very proud of myself and now more accepting of realisticly where I am and who I am. Hopefully I won't break any more rules as I will try to communicate better now than how I did.

Got another meeting to discuss some more things but hopefully it will be begining of March.

Mimi x

Great news, mimi! good to see that you have a second chance to go back to the TC. Sometimes we just need to make more commitment to our own care and well being, I am glad to see you do this for you. WTG!

Sah

Hey mimi -

Congrats!!!!!!!! I am really happy for you. You have been working

really hard lately, and things are moving forward for you. I have no

doubt that you will do well in the program. Good for you.

March

That is great Mimi. Im very happy for you.

Do you know why you keep breaking the rules the first time.

Been thinking about this!

Thank you for asking the question todash. Think it is important to address it so it doesn't happen again. The obvious one that sprung into my thoughts was that because I was accepted there for who I am and was doing really well i wanted (subconciously) to see how long it took before I was rejected. Almost as if, they weren't going to reject me so I had to do it for myself! I was also unable to see any manipulative behaviour in myself so didn't understand at the time. Looking back I am ashamed of what I did but also have seen how to change my behaviour and communicate better so I don't have to be manipulative.

Also I feel that how they (the community) saw me and how I saw me, differed so greatly, I was so confused by the difference that I used coping strategies which wern't acceptable, to deal with this split. My self image and esteem has risen since then and that actually what they saw in me wasn't so wrong. Yes there will be other difference that will arise but I have much better coping strategies and much better communication skills now.

I'm sure there are other reasons which will come to light as I understand more and more about myself and my behaviour but it will take time.

Thanks Todash, It did me good to reflect!

Mimi x

Archived