Mental Health Forums

Feeling Unnatural

bored-a-line

does anybody ever feel unnatural..like they dont fit into nature? got this feeling today whilst roaming the wilderness..i felt like i had no place in the "circle of life". like im a concocted robot monster type thing that doesnt belong anywhere cos it has no roots.

is this bpd talking or some co-morbidity of mine?

"You're neither unnatural or abominable, nor mad;

you're as much a part of what people call nature as

anyone else; only you're unexplained as yet-

you've not got your niche in creation."

Radclyffe Hall

does anybody ever feel unnatural..like they dont fit into nature? got this feeling today whilst roaming the wilderness..i felt like i had no place in the "circle of life". like im a concocted robot monster type thing that doesnt belong anywhere cos it has no roots.

is this bpd talking or some co-morbidity of mine?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i feel exactly the same as you... like i don't belong anywhere, like i'm some sort of alien!

i feel like people notice i'm different too, which makes me feel even more odd.

it's probably our very colourful imaginations just going off on a tangent.

It was once suggested to me that being a bit

alien was both OK and my problem; that I

shouldn't worry about not fitting in. Easy for

someone him to say.

XXX Ann

I feel that way too, probably about 80% of the time. I've been flitting around the world since I left home at 17 (16 years ago) and I've never felt like I belonged anywhere. Sometimes even just sitting on a bus I feel like there's something different about me that everyone can see...I look at everyone around me and wish I was like them.

I think maybe it's just part of not having any real sense of identity - I'm a different person depending on who I'm with; I kind of morph into whatever I think that person will like, or want to be around. Which also explains why I feel empty when I'm on my own. It's hard to deal with sometimes, I know. And it also sounds a bit crazy so it's hard to talk to people about! :wacko:

Archived