Mental Health Forums

I Made It

Katherine

...well, Gower St and Tottenham Court Road!!!!

I am very proud of myself..for so long since I've been feeling the panic and anxious and aggressive feelings when around lots of people I haven't travelled into central London, even though I'm only 20 minutes or so away...

But today....I had a fantastic therapy session and felt so alive and good and up for it, that I got the train to Euston and went to Waterstones book shop on Gower Street. I was wanting "Courage to Heal" and they don't have it locally, and I managed to get it!!!! Though I have no memory of having been sexually abused, my skim reading of it tells me that it has a lot to help me in terms of wounds to my femininity and violations to my emotional boundaries.

I also got"Please stop laughing at me" by Jodee Blanco, about her experience of being bullied at school...a whole book by a survivor of school bullying..someone like me...can't wait to read it....I think I'll be reading about 6 books at once!!!!

I EVEN went into Sainsbury's on Tottenham Court Road----in the LUNCH HOUR!!!! I am so so so pleased with myself!!!!!

ok, gotta go now as I left a message for my ex-tutor saying I'd be in at 3.30 and here I am on the phone line----oops!

I'll be back later to respond to posts etc...

See you all then...

kari

Congratulations...well proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!Keep it up...Enjoy your books....Therapy is going wonders!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Emma

Archived