Mental Health Forums

Yay! Brianna Is Going To Show Her Pony.

Warrior Princess

My 9 year old daughter and I have been going through a tough time when it came to horse shows. She had a fall off her pony and was understandably shaken. Well I'd always learnt that if you fall off the horse you got back on so ... I got a bit pushy I suppose and only put her off more to where she wouldn't even show her pony in led classes. I threatened to sell her ponies and we had some horrible arguments over them.

She also got to see me have some BPD moments at horse shows with my other ponies and she doesnt' like to see me in that kind of anxious state so said she didn't even want to go any more.

Well, I've done a bit of damage control with her. Told her I was sorry that I threatened to sell the ponies and that I really did not want to sell them at all but I wanted her to just show more interest in them. I also explained that I know I got anxious at the shows because I got nervous and that I was sorry I had upset her that way and explained that I'm tryin to do better and have more support at the shows. I told her there wasno pressure to show but it would be nice if she went into some led classes with her pony Bazil. That if she did I would NOT sell him becasue I know she loves him.

We also prayed together that she would not be afraid any more.

Well, she's agreed to take Bazil to a show in led classes. She practiced with him today and did well so I'm really happy that my damage control worked and my prayers were answered. I just hope and pray that all goes well for her and Bazil so she can be encouraged.

just thought I'd share the good day.

PW.

That's awesome PW - it's nice to hear something positive and it's good that your not letting your BPD cause major harm to your relationship with your daughter.

Keep up the good work :lol:

Archived