Mental Health Forums

Pdoc And My Ed

Barebones

so i had her today, she asked how i was as normal. so i told her. after that its bit hazy in who brung up my eating probs. she said she could refer me to eating disorder clinic if i want help. she asked usual questoins, do i think im fat and do i eat in public and so on. she also asked what do i want out of it. well i dont have a clue in what they do at the clinics so i really couldnt answer that. i backtracked a little and said they prob wont help me as im not ill enough. but im wanting help because of my daughter. she said the assesment could be stressfull, which yeah im sure it is. not sure if im taking on to much at one time or not.

i dont know how i feel, im scared to eat normal incase i get fat, ive never had 3 meals a day.

does anyone know what they do at these clinics? she said there is diatiction,nutrition help and there is congntive behavour therapy i think she said. i have no clue in that.

nvm i just feel at a loss, im in diffrent minds about it, one min i want help then next im scared to lose the control ive got.

sry for going on about it.

Well when I was in the psych clinic, there was a girl with severe anorexia being treated. Basically her food intake was calorie controlled because she needed to gain weight. She also saw a nutrional therapist, a psych therapist and had family therapy with her parents, as well as taking part in all the usual day-to-day activities. Except exercise of course. When she first came into the clinic they wouldn't even allow her to walk around, she had to be in a wheelchair and she wasn't allowed to keep her door open in her room and it always had to be a certain temperature. But she weight 35kg when she went in so it was a life or death situation.

It's a good place for you to go because in a clinic you're not on your own, you're surrounded by people who understand you and can help you (patients). Plus there's support from the nurses usually too so whenever you're struggling you can speak to someone.

I know that the thought of gaining weight is very overwhelming but don't look at it like that, look at it from the angle of going in there to get a better relationship with food. It's about getting healthy, not fat.

thanks tues, i understand what your saying, but im unsure of how i can let go of the control. im not as bad as that girl, i think im normal weight. pdoc asked me what weight i am, as i said to her i dont have a clue. i hate scales and knowing what i am.i go by what i see and that. im scared that i will be triggerd in seeing the patients, as it make me even worse thinking that im fat and worthless.

since i wrote the last post is i looked up about behavour therapy, it says it works on the here and now, i have no clue why i dnt eat properly, to much time has past.

thanks again tues in explaining im sure i will get it in time. if got any more advice keep it up lol

your psych didn't say you have no problem like the others did, shes/ hes offering you a way of getting help, its been getting you down so give it a go you can only try it see if it help if it does great if it doesn't at least you can write an achievement post saying you tried

thanks tues, i understand what your saying, but im unsure of how i can let go of the control. im not as bad as that girl, i think im normal weight. pdoc asked me what weight i am, as i said to her i dont have a clue. i hate scales and knowing what i am.i go by what i see and that. im scared that i will be triggerd in seeing the patients, as it make me even worse thinking that im fat and worthless.

since i wrote the last post is i looked up about behavour therapy, it says it works on the here and now, i have no clue why i dnt eat properly, to much time has past.

thanks again tues in explaining im sure i will get it in time. if got any more advice keep it up lol

That's the whole point in going to a clinic, to learn how to give up control. It'll be really difficult but getting better always is. See I don't have the will power to give up eating completely but I can relate to the feeling fat and worthless, that's how I go through my life. But you can't stop yourself going because of fear you might be triggered by the others. You're strong, I know you can do it :)

That good enough? :P

yeah not bad.

im not allways strong though.

Maybe not always but on the inside you are very strong, but sometimes it can get crowded by your illness. In the end the decision is yours and only you can know what's best for you ^_^

hmm ive never learnt whats best for me, thats why ive got issues.

i guess i will just have to see what they say to me. i hate waiting.

im just being a misery guts today.

Archived