Mental Health Forums

Are You Taking Your Meds?

britTAWNY.

I'm pretty young myself and the Prozac they make me take for my depression makes it worse and my thoughts get darker than they originally were and then they put me on Trazodine and they gives me terrible migranes and even worse nausea. I want to stop feeling this way but if I take my meds I would be a completely different person because I've been battling these feelings forever. I don't really have anyone to talk to about this and my psychiatrists is senile and he twists my words alot. Does anyone have any advice for me? Please? :unsure:

Hiya

I advise to keep taking your medication

Some have unwanted side-affects, but normally disapear after a few weeks

so bare with the process

and if that doesn't help, go back to ur dr and see what he can suggest.

Rach

x

If your psychiatrist *was* senile he wouldn't be working would he.

Take your tablets. He's prescribed them to help you. It is usual for the first couple of weeks on a new med to be rough, but it passes and you start to reap the benefits.

id say yty to get the meds changed.. there are so many psyc meds out there.. i dont see why u should have to put up with feeling 8iller.. i myself have had some awful side effwects from meds.. from sodium valporate which damaged my liver, to respiridone and really high prolactin levels, .. iwas on trasmaDol and i was so nauseous and sick..

prozac made me suicidal.. i finally found meds i can tolerate with less side effects(seroquel, sertraline, loraxepam, to name a few)

but i may have to com e off those as they may be makin g my thyroid worse, so imy nurse is getting me a med review..

we are all different and our bodies reaspond to different meds,, its a case if giving them a fair go, but trying otherts if you getting sick .

hugs blueberll x

Keep with the meds until you talk to your doc. Going off 'em cold turkey can mess you up even more, check with doc and you two come up with a plan. Make sure to tell him the reasons why you are having difficulties wanting to take your meds and any side effects you may be having.

Me personally, I stopped taking meds graudally after talking to doc because I didn't see they were helping. Doesn't mean meds don't work, I just prefer not to mess with them. They can have a lot of side effects and such for some people. Others have worked wonders w/ just one pill! Just depends on who you are and your situation.

Doc may also try different brand/dosage/etc to see if you two can get something else that works better. Take care & good luck.

M.

P.S. I tried prozac as well, only thing it seemed to do was make me very fidgety. Learned in the end it was my thoughts I had to change, and meds couldn't change my thoughts, I had to. Although again, I am not saying meds don't work--just for me I rather not take 'em.

Archived