Mental Health Forums

*lou's Acheivements So Far!*

Paris

Ok I have actually been proud of myself for a few things this week so I thought I would share them with you!!!

No 1. I let someone in my house- I have this real thing about anyone in my house, my best friend really has to fight me to get in the door!!! Anyway I let someone stay all weekend so Im proud of me!! And Im gonna let my best friend in this week too!!!!!

No 2. I cooked 2 good meals this weekend, a lush pizza from scratch and a really good roast today!!

No 3. Ive been out of the house quite a lot this week which is a huge improvement for me!!Been walking too not just driving everywhere!!

No 4. I wrote a letter to a friend I had fallen out with for 6 months, we were really good friends and fell out cos of something really silly anyway, so I put this letter through her door and within an hour she had rung me and went round for tea!! And we are getting our good friendship back on track!

No 5. I sorted a lot of my partners paperwork out and actually threw some away and stored the rest in the loft, also a big thing for me, i had kept little scraps of paper that he had written, i dont need them, hes not coming back and i need to start letting go and move on with my life. I am starting to now, it is good.

No 6. I told my mum i couldnt go running to her when she needed me- yeah shes ill but i cant always be the one to go running there at 3am! And i explained needed to look after myself too, but that didnt mean I didnt care and for once she understood and took it on board and phoned me up saying it wasf fine and she was glad I could be honest with her. So yayy for me not feeling pressured to go running !

No 7. I told my care team that I was desperate for therapy- and not the group therapy that they said would be the only thing that could possibly work for me!!! So they said I can have CAT therapy asap!!! And I am being quite assertive in what I want but not saying no to any suggestions they make right now but saying ok ill look into it and think about it! So starting to address the black and white thinking!

No 8. I have not Sh'ed for a while, for me thats realy good, I havent od'ed for 8 weeks which is really really good for me!!! Im proud cos I was given a lot of medication and I have not got any inkling to take it! And been given my meds monthly now too!! Not weekly!!

Im feeling quite positive at the moment so I thought I should post about it!! Not sure if these are achievements but hey they are things Im proud of!!!

hey lou

what do you mean not sure if these are achievements

there bloody great and definity big achievements

so you should be soooooo proud of yourself cause i am

well done and congrats oh and welcome to the achievment group :P

BIG HUGS

mickey

Thankyou!!!

I have got no 9 and 10!!!

No 9. I am not drinking at the moment!! Am actually doing pretty well with it! I had got a lot better over the past few years anyway but Im not bothered by drinking anymore!! Its all good!!

No 10. I have just put my partners car up for sale! Ok he died 18 months ago in that damn car and its taken me til now to get rid of it!!! Well I am hoping its going to be gone from my sight soon! Its weird I hate the thing but cant seem to get rid of it! Well after talking to a good friend today I ve decided its time to take the plunge and get rid of it!!!!

Now i need to get 10 more!!!

hey thats really good well done.

and it wasnt so scary lettin me in for weekend rite. we had fun and you even made some yummy meals too shame the second pizza got a little wet lol. i know how hard it was for you to take to plunge and open ur door to me and im glad u done it and i hope u feel the same about it too.

keep the achievemnets rolling!!!

Archived