Mental Health Forums

*Trying Again......*

bluebird

After an awful week where everything went to pot, I've picked myself up [still not 100%] and trying to achieve 7 things in 7 days:

1:Today I managed to recover from unexpectedly seeing someone who has hurt me in the past - I was devestated, shocked, completely thrown, felt sick, felt suicidal actually.....and then went on to do some physical work for someone [as I had promised and hate to let people down], and worked through it!

Didn't contact anyone, did it on my own. Strangely I saw someone I knew wasnt at work [very unusual] and I popped in for a chat, that helped and took my mind off things - I did NOT mention the incident. Dealt with it! Myself!

2: I got an answer to something I put on another message board - to see if someone wanted to do walks in this area. Have PM'd but yet to get a reply. However I tried and got a response even if it fizzles out.

3: Just had a long talk with family member re: events in the past, putting them in the picture. This is amazing - that they were ready to listen. They wanted to know - and its about time the skeletons in the closet/secrets/lies were aired. If it backfires at least I told them what they wanted to know - and spoke the truth.

4 to go..........

Number 4: I went up to the local school a short walk from where I live and asked if they need any volunteers to help with the childrens reading or numeracy. I know my d-i-l does this sometimes.

I may not get anything but am awaiting a phone call.

At least I tried. If nothing comes of it I will go to another school which is nearby.....

Marchmadness - I try like this all the time, yet come to dead ends, or it fizzles out to nothing. The problem is getting fresh ideas as to how I can move on, get into the mainstream on life and have a purpose, meet new people.

While theres life theres hope as they say........

bluebird -

You know how you are feeling now, that sense of accomplishment, pride, hold on

to that when you are starting to feel down.

Marchmadness

hey blue

your achievment are excellent

and you statement "where there life there hope"

dont ever lose that its a great thing to believe in

im really really proud of you

hugs ya

mickey

Thanks Mickey - appreciated. Hope is all we have sometimes eh? And its a good thing to have. Hope youre ok

hugs in return xx

you are doing really well, dont let thoughts of what 'could' happen ruin what you have worked so hard to achieve. well done

all the best

donna

xxx

Thanks all....

today I went to a different scrabble club, not knowing anyone initially - and stuck it out. Got info about things that are going on in my town which I knew nothing about - so something else to look into....

So that was acheivement number 5! - as I find this sort of stuff excrutiating, and mixing with strangers difficult.

No 6:

Today I walked into town again - that means I've walked about 12 miles in 2 days [got to burn some calories off!]. And I treated myself to seeing a film, which I enjoyed and one that made me think about life and it's meaning - interesting....I walk because I think, I work things out, I'm distracted so much I don't notice how far I've walked.

Also just had one ciggie today - trying to recover from the battering I had last week [and on Monday].

They are NOT going to get me down, no way, no low lives are going to affect my life!

OMG i am sooooooooo proud of you blue

your an incredible lady

and i am glad to have the pleasure of knowing you!

Hugs

Rach

xxxxxx

Hey thanks marchmadmess and rach, for your encouragement, it's lovely to meet you on these boards. x

These acknowledgements of achievements are helping me think of new things to do and I'm going to go down fighting if nothing else..... ;)

those are really good achievements really well done, especially on the ciggies as i know how hard it is to not smoke.

all the best

donna

xxx

C.-

I am moved by seeing all of these positive things you have been doing, they took guts and strength! They are wonderful accomplishments, they truly are. I'm really happy for you and I hope these positives bring about a nice new change in your life, some kind goodhearted people and a self-fulfilled feeling for you.

You are great! One more to go! I'm rooting for you, bluebird :)

Love,

N. xxx

C.-

I am moved by seeing all of these positive things you have been doing, they took guts and strength! They are wonderful accomplishments, they truly are. I'm really happy for you and I hope these positives bring about a nice new change in your life, some kind goodhearted people and a self-fulfilled feeling for you.

You are great! One more to go! I'm rooting for you, bluebird :)

Hay Bluebird,

I am really bad at words so I am stealing them from Rain, I love seeing how well people are doing.. and the things you have done are insprinational, they make me want to go out and keep living.. you are sending me hope in your achievements hope that I can do the same. good on you beautiful. hugs Toni xxoo

Why thank you N for your supportive words [and I hope you are ok rain] - I know good hearted people exist and will keep searching! [Plenty on here though, and that helps a lot]

Toni - nice to meet you.

Number 7:

[i'm sick of not being being given any help or offered therapies, just told there is nothing anyone can do, I was sent off in 1999 to 'manage' my life - and my CPTSD - as best I can.....! I only found out the BPD diagnosis was written in my notes 12 years ago, at the end of November 2007!]

So this week I bought 'Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Dummies' this week, and will read it from cover to cover and teach it to myself!

I have also found a self help Dialectal Behaviour Therapy website, and will go through it all online.

[This could all take some time!]

I'll educate myself, as I have done with every other area of my life......

Maybe I can check out anything I don't understand with my counsellor and on here if that's ok.

hey blue

congrats on doing so well

and im really proud of you

its great to see how well you are doing well done

hugs ya

mickey

Archived