Mental Health Forums

*Doin' Good...*

Life is sweet

Hm, first time using this achievements thing, so here goes...

1. I have actually completed some reading for my macroeconomics class, something I have been dreading since the end of January and have been putting off since the semester started (over a month ago!!) So, yay me!

Next, I would like to forgive myself for hurting myself when I was younger. I am capable of taking care of myself now, let's see what work I can do all this week! :) :wub:

Thanks, guys! :) What do I do now? Each day I post a new achievement? What if it takes longer than a day...can I keep this thread open? I was confused by the directions....

Great going velveteen - well done for your achievements so far. I keep posting on the same thread [for the week] personally, but we are all different........

I was able to let go more of some emotions that I've been holding onto about sadness for hurting myself all these years through SH. Had a very good cry. Was going to keep going and try to get more of it out, but felt I had done enough work for the night and was very tired.

Also, I took a hot bubble bath and took my sweet time with it.

I think I'm going to update each day w/ my achievements for the rest of the seven days. I should get a lot of stuff done! :)

thats really good, really well done i know how hard letting go of emotions can be when you have held on to them and beat yourself up with them for so long.

all the best

donna

xxx

hi,

well done on your achievements!!!

in answer to your question, 1 thread per 7 achievements and if you can number them, or post that you have done your seventh. The reasons for doing it this way is so it is easier for us to see when someone needs changing into the achievement group and also when you are feeling low you can look through and see some positives all in one place.

Sounds good, Em. Thank you.

Achievement # 3. I took care of myself when I wasn't feeling very well this evening, made dinner and rested up. :) Sorry not to update every day, but I knew you guys wouldn't mind anyhow...computer was getting fixed. This achievement thing is really nice.

thats a really good achievement, sometimes it can be hard to acknowledge we need that resting up time.

all the best

donna

xxx

Whew! Achievement # 4: Let go of more emotions about my ODing a few years ago. I was able to realize that it was a really big deal what I did to myself by hurting myself so much. I mean, hurting myself so severely physically and stuff was really a hurtful thing I did to myself. So, it is going to take time to experience all of that pain and LET IT GO! But, tonight I did a great job having a little cry and letting it go. Sounds depressing, but it really was just so good to let some more of this junk go! I feel lighter and better about myself after experiencing those past emotions & letting them go!

thats really good, having a cry can be the best way of letting our emotions go and glad you feel somewhat better for it.

all the best

donna

xxx

Achievement # 5: Yesterday I completed an extra credit assignment for one of my classes AND also completed my take-home final for another class.

Achievement # 6: Tonight I sat there for about 45 min waiting to call my T, couldn't just do it, but all of a sudden the phone rings and its my dad, talk to him and end up having a good cry, something I RARELY do in front of my father anymore. Was so stressed about mid-terms but was able to talk to him instead of my T. Guess the phone rang for a reason! :)

me again :lol: so proud of you. thats a really big step forwards with your dad nice one. only one more to go

well done

donna

xxx

Achievement # 7: I finished both of my last midterms today and did alright on them. Mainly I just did as best as I could, and finished them. Period.

Letting go of feelings too....

But, I'm don a good job.

Going to go hang out with best gal friend and have fun tonight.

it'll get better. i know so! :)

hey vr

well done hun

on all these wonderful achievement

can wait to read more from you

your doing great

keep it up

im so proud of you

hugs ya

mickey

Archived