Mental Health Forums

Princess Di Fountain - Pretty Or Rubbish?

rainking

Princess Di fountain  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Princess Di fountain

• Yes i like it?
    • No i don't like it?
    • Don't care?

I sincerely hope it's not just me that thinks the money used to build the new fountain/water feature-type thing could have been put to better use than that pathetic attempt.

So it's supposed to show us different periods of her life . . . . er . . .theres a curved bit, and another, oh and abit of a water fall :rolleyes:

I think its pretty. But I also think its too little too late. It goes to show what a drip the Queen is. Give it up woman, we all know ya hated her. I think the Queen treated Diana like a second class citizen. Maybe there was jealousy involved I dont know. I could never forgive the old tart fer the way she treated Diana. OK dont get me started.

I forgot to say that I think the money could have been better spent. It is however somewhere where the boys can remember their mum, a focal point if you willl, and I am all for that.

I think the best place the boys can remember her is in their hearts. I think the money could have been better spent on one or two of her favourite charities.

sometimes when you have lost a mother, you need to go where she has been, that makes her real. Not that this fountain is where she has been, but its a symbol that she was alive, and that she existed, sometimes we forget that, especially as the years go by. I barely remember what my mum looks like.

I am not suggesting that her sons have forgotten her, only that they need to remember her.

I do however agree that the money can be better spent. Too late now.

i want someone to take me a photo and send it to me. i like it. here in australia we have wasted money on things worse than a water fountain. for example, electing john howard into office.

sometimes when you have lost a mother, you need to go where she has been, that makes her real. Not that this fountain is where she has been, but its a symbol that she was alive, and that she existed, sometimes we forget that, especially as the years go by. I barely remember what my mum looks like.

I am not suggesting that her sons have forgotten her, only that they need to remember her.

I do however agree that the money can be better spent. Too late now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree you need to go where your mother has been...but why not to her graveside? This hasn't been done for the boys...This is just another tourist place.......have your pic taken 'with' a Diana Memorial. Will there be a stall nearby selling Diana Mementos? Or a few stalls...and maybe a local cafe or two will do well. Sorry I am being cynical. But my father died and his ashes are scattered thousands of miles away..but I don't feel the need for a memorial in the town he lived in...so that I can go and get comfort there. O am sorry you can barely remember what your mum looked like. But you know in your heart that she was alive.

Chrissie I agree with what you say about the memorial. But sometimes I wonder whether she was alive, it was sooo very long ago that I knew her, she has been dead 3/4 of my life. Thats a big chunk. Ppl deal with death differently, this is my way.

Mum, Memory, Memorial...it all differs between people I suppose. My mum passed away 2 yrs back but she never left my heart. Never will, till we meet again. Her gravestone only aggravates the physical emotional pain i feel each time she crosses my mind. Death do not part, death only seperates physically.

Budgie

I think it is really nice and yes it does represent her life if you look into it properly.

The boys don't need a fountain to remind them of their mum (just like i wouldn't, and my mum has been dead now for 26 years) you remember your mum with out any reminders at all. The waterfall is for the people to remember and pay their respects, Diana loved the people. In the summer children will be paddling in the water, laughing and enjoying themselves, which is what Diana would have wanted. The elderly sitting near by relaxing, again it is what Diana would have wanted, yes I agree it should have been done years ago, but like everything it is almost like an after thought.

I suppose I am trying to be positive about the whole thing, and most of all, see things the way Diana would have seen them.

Everybody is however entitled to their own opinion.

x

I guess I am just weird cause I need that place, somewhere where she has been. Yes she is still apart of me, but I need something more concrete. I am sorry if you dont agree with that, its just the way I am.

Archived