Mental Health Forums

It Seems That My Problem Could Be Solved :-)

dutchy

Hi,

I didn´t use this forum for a very long time because I was completely down (suicide-attempts, too much booze (but I wasn´t addicted), grass-tea, etc.)

especially the last 2 years were a horror-nightmare. Because of the PTSD I couldn´t sleep with the result of hard depressions. Sometimes the doctors loaded me with about 20 pills each day. But they didn´t work. I was very often in psychosomatic and psychiatric hospitals without positive results for me. I gave up. There were some suicide-attempts and stuff like that.

In February 08 I was in another psychiatric hospital again. They changed the diagnosis the first time after all this years to ADHD. After the diagnosis they reduced the pills to just one (Mirtazapine 30mg) and added Methylphenidate. Today I have 20mg in a retard form and 20mg in a pill-form each day. But it seems this could become a bit more. The correct dose isn´t figured out yet.

After just 4,5 weeks I left the hospital without depressions and the PTSD was much better. The only treatment was against ADHD, nothing else! People need the correct drugs and not very much drugs. In my case the depressions and PTSD were comorbid illnesses. So it couldn´t work to become healthy with just treaten depressions and PTSD. In many reports from hospitals to my house doctor the symptoms of ADHD were identified, but the doctors didn´t put the puzzle together and continued with a wrong treatment.

Now I feel much better. The live with ADHD will be difficult. But I think to know what´s wrong with me will make it easier to handle. After the nightmares the last few years and time of despair I think I am on a good way.

What I just want to say: Don´t give up! Maybe in many cases it is very difficult to find that one who can help you, but somewhere there will be one. After a very long period of despair and pain I am now in the mood it is worth to continue live!

So I will start my new task with hope: To handle this ADHD. I read ADHD has not just bad features, there are some good features too. So will focus on the good ones.

I wish you all the best and I hope, you will find your solution too!!!

cu

dutchy

Archived