Mental Health Forums

Achievements

OceanCarol

#1 Realized that I was making a situation worse than it really is which gave me a chance to change my thoughts about it.

hi ocean

congrats on the achievement

that a big first achievement

im really proud of you

keep up the great work

hugs ya

mickey

• 2 weeks later...

#2 Achievement:

I cleaned my bathroom, kitchen, livingroom and dining table from top to bottom. I am starting to figure out how to keep the house clean and organized. I know this sounds like not such a big deal, but sometimes I feel like when my house is a mess my head is a mess. Maybe my mind is starting to clear.

thats a great achievement i really struggle to keep track of things and keep things in order so thats something to be proud of.

all the best

donna

xxx

• 2 weeks later...

I exercised today and yesterday. My 1 year old was standing next to me this morning when I woke up she was saying Mamma. Cute!

What kind of exercise? I love jogging and yoga are my fav. Always makes ya feel better, huh? If not mentally, at least physically you feel good.

Keep up the good work Carol, you are doing really good. Especially number one, because I think that is such a hard thing to do, and what we are all here to learn how to do. Way to go.

E

Thank you for your replies.

My next achievements

1 I went to a party and talked to four people, trying my best to focus on them and not the fear of being rejected or just looking away. I did ok, I actually had a pretty good conversation with one of them. She said she misses me at work, I recently resigned because of stress and everything. But I don't have any regrets of resigning, I am taking care of my little one.

2 I went to my friend's house and talked to her for one and a half hours. I talked to her about her situation and started to tell her alittle about my depression and anxiety and she opened up about how she feels sometimes. She is going through problems of her own right now, and she told me about her marital problems. I gave her some of the advice I am learning in therapy.

3 When I got home, I didn't feel depressed about what I said or did. I think I'm getting better but getting scared because I don't want my couseling to end. Double edged sword.

Today's Achievement and this week

Joined a walkathon and finished it. I think it was 5 miles

I am focusing more on my breath when talking to people, or when doing activities which seems to lessen the negative thoughts.

Archived