Mental Health Forums

Levothyroxine

Rael

does anyone know how long this takes to start working, ive been on it for nearly two weeks now. i am so tired all the time and im struggling at work, have just had to take some holiday to try to sleep through and get myself into a fit state for next week. im currently on 25mg as a starting dose.

thanks

donna

xxx

Until you have a balance that is right for you. The dosage depends on your blood results Im guessing. For now just rest. Are you due to have blood checked soon?

If not maybe you should go back to docs and talk this through.

flower said it rael, until u get another blood test to see results is that then they will up them if need be, this will carry on until your thyroid is at near normal. so it can take a while.

every time i got my dose upped it varied as to when it started working.. for me it was an average of 3 months, but i was on 150 mcg t4 and getting iller, but i saw an endo on mon and he finally put me on t3 and i feel sooo much better already.. t4 is very slow acting, whereas t3 is super quick.. it's taken 4 years of being ill with this disease to get t3 .. a lot of people stay well on t4 alone, but i wasn't converting it into t3 and it made me sooo ill and depressed and anxious..

keep us updated about how you are.. do you have your lab results of throid tests(t3, t4, tsh??

hugs, bluebell x

does anyone know how long this takes to start working, ive been on it for nearly two weeks now. i am so tired all the time and im struggling at work, have just had to take some holiday to try to sleep through and get myself into a fit state for next week. im currently on 25mg as a starting dose.

thanks

donna

xxx

Hi Rael, This can take some time, it took me 18months till i got the right level, you have to keep having ur blood checked & the dosage upped till its at the right level, It will get better, chin up. jo-an

Archived