Mental Health Forums

*Good Week So Far*

bluebird

Feeling positive this week, so far:

1: Took the step of phoning someone I had differences with in the past, talked some things through and we went out for a curry that evening! Sorted through a lot of difficult stuff, without either getting angry or upset.

2: Went to a meeting and found the U3A - University of the 3rd Age - sorry you can't come along if you are under 50!! They do soooo many activities, trips, walks, courses in loads of subjects, lectures, sport, art...you name it, they do it. Joined straight away!

3: Started to do some kitchen tiling for a friend, and it went well, looks good....she was over the moon with what I've done so far - someone appreciates me!

4: Went to meet headmaster of local school where I volunteered to listen to the children reading [4-8 year olds]....he took me on there and then [subject to CRB check, which should be ok] and was very happy to do so. Feel wanted, and valued....although haven't started yet!

5: I'm seriously reviewing how I go on with my [very dysfunctional] family of origin. Something the counsellor said to me made me think, hard. They aren't interested in me, despite my efforts.....finally I think I will absolutely change things in this area. I've been their whipping boy for way, way too long. I am going to take one big, long step back.....trying to make things better just hasn't worked and I accept it.

2 to go....................

6: Someone wound me up SO much yesterday and yet I was forced to be in their company for 1.5 hours! I resisted the very strong urge to walk away, or to say something....but I stuck it out, went through all the bad feelings and dealt with it by internal thoughts. It was very difficult. I got through it. I stayed there, stuck it out, saw it through and 'reframed' the situation so it didn't matter! I ended up calm and indifferent.

This is a major achievement for me! ........ and I also vowed not to accept being put in this situation again. I will make sure it doesn't happen again, by talking directly about it to someone who unwittingly engineered the situation.

7: Making arrangements to meet up with someone who wants to do local walks, so we can start a walking group maybe....just in time for spring and hopefully some nicer weather......

thats really well done, being in a situation like can can cause all sorts of conflicts but you dealt with it well. and good luck with the local walks.

all the best

donna

xxx

Archived