Mental Health Forums

Fluoxetine

Paula

my mum got my prescription today

will start taking them tomorrow

have been on them before but cant remember if they helped at all??

my doctor said they will help with my obsessive behaviour too

cheeky git! :lol:

hi ya,

i hope you find the Fluoxetine help you, don't forget it can take up to 6 weeks for you to feel the benefit of taking them and for any side effects to lessen.

They are one of the milder anti-depressants (this doesn't mean theyre less effective) you can get and do have considerably less side effects than most

good luck :D:wub:

hugs star x

Good ole Prozac huh? Well, it IS worth a try - I used them once and they helped me really well. However, there is something called the Prozac Crash - be careful of this cause it really can happen. Basically - one day, they just stop working. Please dont be frightened by this - it doesn't happen to everyone.... Just want you to have all the info cause I have been through this.... There is a book written about it called the Prozac Diary by a woman called Lauren Slater. On the cover it says 'A brilliantly textured memoir that questions whats "normal" if your psyche is a lightning-scarred battlefield'

Hope I havent worried you but I just want you to know what can happen - but then every drug is different for everyone huh?

Ginny :wub::wub: :wub:

i have just been prescribed those so we can 'get on' them together.

good luck

xx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

woo hoo

lets have a prozac party.. :lol:

(sorry, im manic again!)

lol

Can I join the party?

I'm moving up from 20 to 60mg prozac daily as of tomorrow!

One thing I'll say about Prozac- I've never found getting out of bed in the morning to be an easy task for me, but these pills are making a difference.

I'll get my party hat...

Anwen

Archived