Mental Health Forums

What Am I In For?

tripper

I've unwillingly been without my meds (mellaril, neulactil, largactil, moclobemide and lithium) for 2 days now due to the pharmacy not being open. This is the only pharmacy I can go to as I am scripted to one and receive my meds weekly due to OD risk.

So far I have had dizziness and nausea to contend with today, probably due to no moclobemide (my antidepressant). Today is the 3rd day without...

I am wondering anyone know what I could possibly be in for? I won't be able to collect new med pack until tuesday afternoon at the earliest.

Ho noes, I'm sorry I've been so distant and you're going through this. I hope the situation resolves itself when you have access to your meds again but perhaps you should talk it over with the pharmacist or a doctor before resuming because you don't want further adverse reactions due to erratic changes of the amounts of these substances in your system, and I'm considering that possibility?

Thanks Kib. I pick up my prescription this morning sometime so I will ask them about it.

I still have headaches, nausea, shaking and I feel really listless...

Thanks Kib. I pick up my prescription this morning sometime so I will ask them about it.

I still have headaches, nausea, shaking and I feel really listless...

Not too long to wait then, and they'll have you feeling better! Make sure you keep your fluids up! I ran out of some of my medication this weekend although fortunately am not getting withdrawals just unable to benefit from them, so I'm gonna try and get some sleep in and by the time I wake up society will be back in motion so I can get sorted :)

Well after going to the pharmacy and having a word with the pharmacist about my predicament, she said contact the psychiatrist who prescribed the meds in the first instance, fair enough I figured so I phoned him. Unfortunately the message got garbled and all I got in reply was an angry phone call from him telling me he hadn't changed my meds and that I should be taking them as was originally prescribed!

Anyway now I just decided to take the same original dose and while I am having crushing headaches, lightheadedness, fatigue, nausea, feeling of walking on marshmallows etc etc I am actually okay. I still feel extremely depressed but I am at least making myself go out and do things as I normally would instead of locking myself away again.

GRRR, I just had a run in on the telephone with my psychiatrist too! I'm glad you're 'okay' now though, and yeah go you for being so positive in the face of contention!

Archived