Mental Health Forums

32 Days This Time So Far.

foreverborderline

32 days clean and sober, Got away from the destruction of Crystal meth for now and alcohol as well. I have also not cut in 4 days. Things are hard, I need an escape but It is a start and I guess I should give myself some credit. One day at a time I guess.

Wow, you should be really proud of yourself, that's a great thing to have achieved, and I hope you can keep up the good work. Surely you can look to something constructive and positive to do as an escape, something to be nice to you as opposed to destructive things like self harming. I haven't self-harmed in a while, and I've just been keeping busy, reading, making proper breakfast, running errands, even silly childish things like colouring or listening to the radio and watching films and South Park. I also just chat to others. Look to other things you can do. Also, are you on meds because I've been given an anti-depressant and it has calmed me down a lot, as opposed to being on the verge of tears constantly and seeing no way out.

Contrary to what I've seen in other topics I don't see a psychiatrist prescribing an anti-depressant as a reaction to the patient telling about suicidal ideation demeaning/belittling the problem, cause we are depressed due to things in our environment - psychological triggers, that actually change the brain biology... I've just been going through so much turmoil that it affected my brain itself, and the pills have worked great for me so far (been on them 3 weeks). Therapy is the ultimate goal though for me, I don't know how your situation is.

Have a cuddle :hug2:

Rain x

That's so good! Congrats to you :) I quit crystal meth about two years ago and it was absolute hell but have managed to stay clean so far. Keep up the amazing work! You should give yourself loads of credit, it's hard. :hug2:

Ulrica

Hey -

Well done - you should be really proud of yourself. This is a major

achievement, and a hard one at that. So take time to do something

nice for yourself.

March

Archived