Mental Health Forums

After A While

wordsmithy

do ssri's stop working as well? or at all?

i'm sadder these days, and i've been on fluoxetine for approx. three months, after not having depressive mood crashes about a month and a half in.

I think that sometimes you can get a high just from the knowledge that you're starting on a new pill. It takes a few months for everything to settle down and the full effect of the medication to be felt. I'm having the same problem with effexor after being on since november. Perhaps you need a slightly higher dose. I'm not sure if my mood swings are caused by the meds, or if they're from being so inactive each day now. I'm tracking them in a journal every day so i can show it to my doc.

wordsmithy,

i have been on fluoxetine for a little over a year now, and in my experience i just had to keep going up and up - i reached 80mgs but gained a shitload of weight so now im on 60mgs and that seemed to work for a bit but i know what you mean, im strating to feel down and have more moodswings thann i did when i started it....

im on wellbutrin and that seems to help with the depression (but forget it if you drink alot!!!)

maybe you need to increase the prozac, or "piggy-back" it with something else?

hope you can figure out your meds soon - it can be hell trying to find the right balance

:hug2:

hiya, i was on that last year, after bout 4 months started feeling like they not working, just after 5 months is when i had the allergic reaction and had to come off them cold turkey, not fun... i think it takes time to sort out correct meds, u might need to upp the dose, or take summat else as well x

do ssri's stop working as well? or at all?

i'm sadder these days, and i've been on fluoxetine for approx. three months, after not having depressive mood crashes about a month and a half in.

It is usual when first starting to take SSRIs to experience a strange high feeling for a few days or a few weeks. This settles down and you are left with a mediocre mood. I suspect that this is what you are experiencing right now.

Archived