Mental Health Forums

A New Thing To Deal With

stinkyboy

Well, i went on and on in my previous posts about how incredibly depressed i was, but now my anxiety level is going through the roof and i have no idea why this is happening. I've had anxiety issues in the past but why is this happening now? Could it be related to PTSD from my being molested when i was very young? I mean i have been dealing with memories for the past year or so concerning those experiences. Is it a chemical thing? I can't wait until bedtime to take my Seraquil so i can relax. I don't know. I'm in a transtion period where i'm changing my health care provider so i can't go to see my doctor about it. Damn it, i don't want to deal with another issue right now other than the multitude of issues i already have on my plate. Maybe i need a bigger plate. In the past when i would get anxious, i would nomally go to my old standby which for me was a quart or so of cheap Vodka. For some reason that i am extremely greatful for at this time, i have no desire to drink, although my sexual addiction is going strong and i have no outlet right now because i'm so isolated and scared to death of even thinking of trying to go out and trying to find a partner. Sorry if that was to much information. Anyway, about all i can think of doing right now are deep breathing excercises and cutting down on my coffee consumption. Just needed to talk about it. steven

Well, i went on and on in my previous posts about how incredibly depressed i was, but now my anxiety level is going through the roof and i have no idea why this is happening. I've had anxiety issues in the past but why is this happening now? Could it be related to PTSD from my being molested when i was very young? I mean i have been dealing with memories for the past year or so concerning those experiences. Is it a chemical thing? I can't wait until bedtime to take my Seraquil so i can relax. I don't know. I'm in a transtion period where i'm changing my health care provider so i can't go to see my doctor about it. Damn it, i don't want to deal with another issue right now other than the multitude of issues i already have on my plate. Maybe i need a bigger plate. In the past when i would get anxious, i would nomally go to my old standby which for me was a quart or so of cheap Vodka. For some reason that i am extremely greatful for at this time, i have no desire to drink, although my sexual addiction is going strong and i have no outlet right now because i'm so isolated and scared to death of even thinking of trying to go out and trying to find a partner. Sorry if that was to much information. Anyway, about all i can think of doing right now are deep breathing excercises and cutting down on my coffee consumption. Just needed to talk about it. steven

Changing health care provider can be a very unsettling time. Why are you changing? How are you feeling about the change?

Its good that even though these feel difficult times, you are able to use good coping strategies, with the deep breathing, and cutting down coffee.

If you feel you need more distractions, there is a good list on here you can read.

When you get your new GP, I suggest you go get a full physical. You might have some endocrine issues starting. Hang in there. Keep up the deep breathing and try some meditation. Are you still going to the gym? That might help if youre not.

Archived