Mental Health Forums

Abilify

Dreamer

Was on it for one day. Took the pill at about 7 at night, and it knocked me out. I woke up the next morning feeling sick, and shakey all over, like I was on some kind of bad trip or something. I never took it again.

Just my experience though, everyone is different.

I was on it for a short time (I think a few weeks) and I think it helped with my mood, but it made me suffer from terrible insomnia.

I've been on it now since the 1st, almost 5 days now and I notice I feel sick a lot and am not liking it too much, just like a nagging, slight nauseating feeling, enough to get on my nerves :( As far as me noticing a change, not sure, but im about ready to toss them from the sick feeling.

• 2 weeks later...
So, and up date of the lovely ride on abilify... I am now edgy, hyper to the point I can't sit still and my body is exhausted from pacing, tossing and turning, very difficult to sleep. I'm smoking more cigarettes. 4 x the ususal. When I'm sitting down I can't relax, I have to be fidgeting my leg or something. Also, not eating much at all. Gonna try to go to bed now ...again..

I stopped taking it and mailed my case manager just now. I was so dam hyper, edgy or restless I was pacing, rocking, anything to move and smoked enoough to knock a couple yrs off my life. Enough of that shit.

First day i had it was in hospital, i felt awful, like i was getting the flu or something. Apparently i had about every side-effect it comes with, so they instantly stopped it. Then two days laster started me on it again as 1/2 a pill, then it went u to 1, i tried taking it at night = little sleep, taking if Am = feeling ill most of the day. Three weeks later (after release from hospital), i just stopped taking it, then told them later! am now on olanzapine and get on with it much better

Archived