Mental Health Forums

Boundaries Here?

Katherine

and I'm uncompassionate and uncaring of men.

well, sod it, I've been hurt, badly, and there are reasons for the way I'm am. but I'm just not normal. I'm probably the only 34 year old in the whole of London.

but anyway I'm ugly and unstable and

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honey,

you are a compassionate person. You are not unstable at all. Please stop crying honey...don't beat yourself up.

You know we all care for you here. I know you have a lot of potential and a great person and I just don't want to see you scared of life because of what has happened to you in the past. Thats all.

you said it lady m "you are not a compassionate person." true.

I hate myself, or that part of me.

perhaps I just want unlimited compassion for myself, for all those hurt years. and the scars

Firstly Kari I understand where you are and I still maintain do what is best for you .

Other than that can I say I am not a man hater just a hater of some of the men who really hurt me,I chose to keep my distance because its right for me.

I have known some really good men,Ididnt mean to lump all men as bad.

I have known a variety of good men and women likewise I have known some shits.

I dont know if I will ever be in an adult relationship again,based on past experience I dont know if I have the courage.

I guess we all base our decisions on our own experiences.

I misspelled the word. I apologoize I just fixed it. I hope you would not think I woudl intentionally say anything mean to you. You know I am not like that.

that helps that you explained it like that., lady m. oh god I'm just a mess. to cry about this is good but it hurts, it hurts it hurts.

scared of life-that's me, all over.

what hurts? I'm not sure????feeling trapped-by past wounds that are now scars.. it hurts to feel scared of being hurt all the time.

it hurts to be less than a full adult human being.

it hurts to think I might die still never having had sex or a relationship.

but I want to be safe. feeling safe, hidden away and safe from prying eyes is better that fearing hurt and abuse and entanglement.

and it hurts to 'wash my wounds in public' and it hurts that Josh and the other guys on this site might be laughing about me behind my back.

No one is laughing at you. I can see where you are coming from. Maybe by conquering your fears you can get through this you know.

I try never to post mean things just to be

mean. I do however, sometimes post things

that hurt, and that make you and me

question...I post unpopular things. I don't

always join in consoling because I think it's

sometimes good to let the hurt out, and if

you quench it, it goes down but doesn't go

away.

XXX

Ann

Being safe is the most importent thing,I doubt if anybody here thinks any less of you for feeling as you do.

For now staying within your own zone is right for you.

Verbena is right ,there are surely some nice men in this world who have been hurt and likewise there are women in the same position,why else would we have sites like this.Stay strong.

thanks Ver, I understand, and it was good to cry...hurts though...a spoonful of sugar with the med'd be nice though, if you get what I mean...

Lady M. Thanks, but how do you know none of them are laughing? DD visited the thread and then went away again....etc....

And thanks, pp.

karie

You should not give a toss what peple think of you. People look at my posts then leave...people just don't know what to say. But, you know that we care for you and thats what counts.

I like my bubble,I can burst it when Im ready,its my choice which is cool,backing away from men has maybe prevented me from knowing more positive things in my life but it also stopped me from going insane,Im doing the small small small baby steps,it would be nice to think somewhere over the rainbow I would meet someone who could make me happy and that I could return the favour.

Archived