Mental Health Forums

Boundaries Here?

Katherine

We cannot hide from the world..its entirely impossible. Some people are horrible but not everyone is the same. There are some great people out there you don't know unless you go out and live because life is short.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi KariLora-

:hug2::bigarmhug[1]::bigarmhug[1]::bigarmhug[1]:

I definitely feel for you there about what you're talking about with men. I have my boyfriend and that is it and it took a long time to gain his trust. I'm still gaining his trust in ways, and learning to trust him. I am like you. I hate men and am afraid of them for the most part. And me and Dennis(bo) don't even engage sexually or anything since we have been hurt too much from our past is well. Every man I walk by other then him, I'm thinking they may be laughing at me, so I understand that feeling very well myself. I've never been engaged with a man and if it happened it was because I was abused or taken advantage of sexually by them.

I was sexually abused in my life too by various people so I know the feeling well.

I am scared of hurt myself and hide and run from stuff a lot since I don't want to re-experience the pain I had before. My mental health staff often has to get down hard on me before I do something like picking up job apps and applying for a job since I was hurt-verbally abused on the job by a manager for the 80th time

in my life. And that is a hard feat to go back and apply for another job.

u are not the only one kari by any means. I always thought I was a freak too since I'm a 26 year old young woman and the only one and like this and the rest of them aren't.

I am writing this so that you know you are not the only one and I am also considered a freak myself.

Take care girl!

xxxxxxxxxxxx Katie

P.S. I was also bullied quite a lot so I understand.

But it is a pretty safe place..you really odn'thave to do much socializing...no one can see your face...its better to meet a few nice people then a lods of assholes but you never know who is out there. Out of the hundred of people you meet you can probably find five great people out of that mix

((((((Katie))))))

(in 'real life' I'm a Katie too!!!!!)(originally Katherine)

I deeply appreciate your sharing your experience here. I'd like to say more, and will do tomorrow as I'm working tomorrow and need to get some sleep now....am very touched by what you wrote....and its great you have your boyfriend....

((((((paddypotty))))))

karie

Here is safe I agree,if it gets too much I can switch the computer off,I have been thinking and yes I have known some really sweet men(in hospital and we connected cos of our probs),I think it would be unwise of me in my situation right now to attempt to meet a lot of people in a one to one basis,I really am a freak I dont even like shaking hands I have to be sure I can trust before I open up.

Like everything else,its all based on personal experience and we all do what is right for us.

Karie,

Sorry i was gone earlier and just read your post. I really don't think anyone here is capable of making fun of you. A lot of us were bullied in school (not to minize your pain) so we don't make fun of others. You have concerns about certain things and others have concerns about the same or other things.. but in some bazaar way we all fit together... cause it's safer together, cause we need a forum to vent, to share, and to be valued. I value you and i know many others do too. If you ever feel threatened please let us know... we would never knowingly put someone in jeprody.

You and your struggles, oppions, and experiences are important to us.

hope your hanging around

bets

Well said and so very true Bets!

((((((((((Karie, I can feel the extent of your deep pain...))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((I am so sorry))))))))))))))))))))

Jacinta :wub:

Archived