Mental Health Forums

Mirtazipine- Side Effects!

krazykaz

Anyone been on mirtazapine/zispin???

Been taking it for a week & 3 days ago started to feel awful, sore throat, foggy headache, aching muscles, joints & bones! Foned the doc who said I must have a virus! If thats the case why doesnt anyone else in the house have it?

Feel a bit better today, just had half a tablet last night though, can manage to type, been in bed for past 2 days, nightmare when ive 3 kids to look after!!

Sure if it is the tablets, feeling like this should wear off after a week or so, hopefully anyway!

The tablets are defo to blame for the foggy , heavy head, really difficult to wake up in the morning like ive taking loads of sleeping pills! Il keep taking them & hope I feel better soon!

how could I forget, havent had a panic attack for couple of years & had 1 the other day taking the kids to school, had to come home! Was horrible, can usually talk myself out of it but not this time the racing heart & feeling of everyone staring at me, shaking & inability to breathe were too strong!! That must of been the tablets too? My thoughts are racing pretty bad too, I want them to stop........

Anyone else had this sort of side effects???? & did they stop after a couple of weeks?? Should I carry on with the pills??

Here's a list of side affects I found and it has Flu syndrome as a side affect, so that may be ur answer. I take 45 mg of it and have been lucky as to experience none of these, I thought maybe the dreams would explain my dreams, but they were there long before the mirtzapine was.

Asthenia

Flu Syndrome

Back Pain

Digestive System

Dry Mouth

Increased Appetite

Constipation

Metabolic and Nutritional Disorders

Weight Gain

Peripheral Edema

Edema

Musculoskeletal System

Myalgia

Nervous System

Somnolence

Dizziness

Abnormal Dreams

Thinking Abnormal

Tremor

Confusion

Respiratory System

Dyspnea

Urogenital System

Urinary Frequency

im on zisprine 30mg and i havent had any awful bad noticable side effects expcet the

increase in apetite yeah and this one im sooooo not impressed with as i had just started

eating again before started on them now i find i need to stop myself eating half the time

i have a constant thing i want to eat but when go to eat im not hungry just eating for

eating... the fuzzy head feeling yep i had that for the first week or so its calming down now

and doesnt last as far into the day so that one fades with time im on mine a month now

and the problem waking up oh i so have that one i used to be able to wake myself

from my nightmares now i cant so when do wake up i cant get up straight away takes

me a half hour or so to get myself awake to be able to move but im young with no kids

so this is ok for me to have and doesnt bother me so much i just put it down to the nightmares

makin me more tired but have been having nightmares before all the meds they have

got slightly worse but i never paid much attention..

i hope you can sort out the problem you been having with them give them a month and see

or if still worried go back to your doctor and explain and see what happens i like how they make

me sleep even though sometimes i try fight taking them cause dont wanna sleep but sleep is good

so im still takin them :)

Mirtazapine is a bastard anti-d. Knocks you flat on your arse- well it did with me. Similar to an elephant tranquilliser, zombified me good and proper!

im on mirtazapine 30mg daily and found the first week was hard with side effects completey knocked me out i slept for like the first 3 days almost straight only got up for taxi to day hosp and slept while i was there which i never sleep when other people are around. but it died down after the first week bbut it did fare up when they upped the dose 2 weeks later.

i still struggle wih getting up and can so easily stay in bed for the day but i have been making myself get up at certain times which is helping.

i also ate like a horse when i first started taking them and still have the hunger but i make myself eat normal portions of food and try not to have seconds. its all about control and as much as i hate this weight gain effect im am getting better at controling it again.

hope this helps

im on mirtazapine 30mg daily and found the first week was hard with side effects completey knocked me out i slept for like the first 3 days almost straight only got up for taxi to day hosp and slept while i was there which i never sleep when other people are around. but it died down after the first week bbut it did fare up when they upped the dose 2 weeks later.

i still struggle wih getting up and can so easily stay in bed for the day but i have been making myself get up at certain times which is helping.

i also ate like a horse when i first started taking them and still have the hunger but i make myself eat normal portions of food and try not to have seconds. its all about control and as much as i hate this weight gain effect im am getting better at controling it again.

hope this helps

Thanx, this does help, Ive been eating non-stop too which is 1 of the reasons I didnt think I was ill, cause then I wouldnt have been able to eat!

Bloody doctors, knew it wasnt a 'virus'!! Feeling a bit better today, Il persevere with the tablets.x

Mirtazapine is a bastard anti-d. Knocks you flat on your arse- well it did with me. Similar to an elephant tranquilliser, zombified me good and proper!

Cheers jess! I do feel like that too, although a bit better today so gonna keep taking them & hope the side effects ease!x

im on zisprine 30mg and i havent had any awful bad noticable side effects expcet the

increase in apetite yeah and this one im sooooo not impressed with as i had just started

eating again before started on them now i find i need to stop myself eating half the time

i have a constant thing i want to eat but when go to eat im not hungry just eating for

eating... the fuzzy head feeling yep i had that for the first week or so its calming down now

and doesnt last as far into the day so that one fades with time im on mine a month now

and the problem waking up oh i so have that one i used to be able to wake myself

from my nightmares now i cant so when do wake up i cant get up straight away takes

me a half hour or so to get myself awake to be able to move but im young with no kids

so this is ok for me to have and doesnt bother me so much i just put it down to the nightmares

makin me more tired but have been having nightmares before all the meds they have

got slightly worse but i never paid much attention..

i hope you can sort out the problem you been having with them give them a month and see

or if still worried go back to your doctor and explain and see what happens i like how they make

me sleep even though sometimes i try fight taking them cause dont wanna sleep but sleep is good

so im still takin them :)

Thanx for your advice! I feel abit better today so gona keep tking the tablets & hopefully the horrible effects will pass! Dont want to have to try yet another different pill!! Ive been eating non-stop too so hope I can start to control that before I end up putting on a heap of weight!x

Here's a list of side affects I found and it has Flu syndrome as a side affect, so that may be ur answer. I take 45 mg of it and have been lucky as to experience none of these, I thought maybe the dreams would explain my dreams, but they were there long before the mirtzapine was.

Asthenia

Flu Syndrome

Back Pain

Digestive System

Dry Mouth

Increased Appetite

Constipation

Metabolic and Nutritional Disorders

Weight Gain

Peripheral Edema

Edema

Musculoskeletal System

Myalgia

Nervous System

Somnolence

Dizziness

Abnormal Dreams

Thinking Abnormal

Tremor

Confusion

Respiratory System

Dyspnea

Urogenital System

Urinary Frequency

Thanx for the side effect list, think Ive got all of the bloody things there!! Knew it wasnt a 'virus'! Bit if a coincidence that I start feeling like this after starting the tablets, been eating non-stop too which I wouldnt be if I was ill! bloody doctor wasnt taking me seriously!x

Archived