Mental Health Forums

Lexapro (ad)

rain

Anyone on/been on this antidepressant? It doesn't seem to be 'doing something' for me, just making me feel drained of energy and never well rested? I still get depressed on it. Been on it about 5 weeks now, should I ask my psychiatrist to take me off the thing?

Rain x

it might be worth mentioning it doesnt seem to be doing much, its pretty mild so they may be trying you on it first to see if it works. You usually see some kind of result after about 4 weeks so it should be showing some signs of working by now

your psychiatrist may want you to stick with it a bit longer though because it is becoming quite a popular choice, and it does cause both restlessness and drowsiness which can be a bit annoying but that usually wears off after a while

Rain,

I would tell your Dr. and he can then decide if an increase would be advisable or maybe changing to a different med all together. I'm sorry that it's not working for you. Can I suggest mentioning Effexor to your Dr.? I am taking it and I swear it is a LIFE SAVER!!!! It kicked my depression in the ASS, and I am still feeling good on it.

Good Luck Rain!

Archived