Mental Health Forums

Achievements

OceanCarol

1. Today while my husband and I were eating at a restaurant, I didn't get mad at my husband when he was sarcastic to me when answering back, I tried to focus on what I was doing not on his tone of voice. I think I was breathing ok too. I felt pretty good afterwards, I think I would have usually said something to him, like "you don't have to be sarcastic" and then it would lead to another fight.

2. I told my husband how I felt about something very personal, I thought he was going to get mad, but he understood. I think he is trying to treat me different, with a little bit more respect and understanding

3. I challenged myself at something and I didn't back out of it. I focused on my breathing and just being in the moment.

I have not gotten in any arguments with my husbaand this week. I asked my husband for help with the baby so I could take a nap, and he understood. I think our communication is improving.

I am still volunteering at the archeological site even though I am not doing it alone, my husband is going with me I think that is still an achievement.

I told my husband that I was sad....I never tell him how I feel so this was a big step for me. I never got angry that I was feeling sad...I just felt sad or depressed. I am sad that I am depressed but not angry at myself for being depressed. (I don't think that made any sense at all, but it did when I was typing it...lol) I am understanding that I have a social phobia and am learning to over come it with practice.

Its been 51 days since quitting smoking (Trying to find the positive)

I know that if I eat sugar or sweets that makes my depression/anxiety worse (Achievement because I can stay away from it even though I had one tonight for being depressed)

Archived