Mental Health Forums

This Is Gonna Be Hard

Ginny

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, about how I can get out all of the things in my head that refuse to go away..... I know a lot of us have this problem. The trouble is, I have a lot of trouble posting things as I really feel them cos I am scared... :ph34r:

So, I have decided a new tactic for getting things out.... I am gonna buy one of those little voice recording machines ( dicta something), cant recall what they are called, and I am gonna start at the beginning and go right through.... I may put it all down on paper afterward so it is something real, but for now I would just like to get it all out... I dont know how long it will take or how much sense it will make... but I think I need to do this... Who knows, I might write a book :lol: Anyway, I am interested to know what other people think of this idea... I would appreciate some feedback - thanks..

Ginny :unsure:

Ginny...thats one thing I love about you...is that you don't give up you keep pushing yourself. I think its called a dictaphone? :wacko: I could be wrong :lol:. I am sorry you are scared honey. I wish I could help you with that fear. Maybe if I ever do become a clinical social worker I can help you explore it.

But, in the meantime, I really like your idea a lot. I think its great because you can privatetly express your own thoughts and then play when back whenever you want an analyze them. You are taking them right out of your head and making them a reality. I do believe it would help you a lot tackle your fears.

By the way..if you publish a book I will be first in line to read it and jump up and down and tell everyone that I am friends with you. :P

Muchos brazos(hugs)

:hug2::bigarmhug[1]:

:wub: love, Em

Jeez - you are such an encouragement.... I love you SOOO much Em...

I am glad you think it's a good idea... I have been mulling it over for a while....

(((((((((((Emma))))))))))))

Ginny :wub:

I think its a good idea...and yes, it is a dictaphone.

take care when you listen back to it, and when you hear your voice speaking it, for me anyway things become more real and intense then, But that's maybe just me.

karie

Ginny,

To a certain extent you will be recording fact but also a point in time where you feel a certain way. I think it would be interesting to listen to at another time when you don't feel so good or so bad. Then you could see how your emotions affect (or maybe twist) your viewpoint. It is an interesting thought.

bets

Thanks kari and bets ((((((hugs)))))

I hadnt actually thought of the fact that my mind frame might be different at various times...hmmm....

Maybe I should just do it at a certain time in each day when I feel (reasonably) self-aware and fairly calm.... Dunno how it's gonna feel to listen back to it - I think I should take 3- 4 Valium first - :lol: (only joking)

Thanks for your advice, thanks for listening...

Ginny :wub: :wub:

Archived