Mental Health Forums

Skin Rash With Venlefaxine Anyone?

yorkiegal73

I've been on venlefaxine since november but in the last few weeks I 've started to itch like crazy. I have what looks like a nettle rash and it's everywhere! It comes and goes throughout the day and is worse on my wrists, shoulders and thighs. Getting too hot or having a shower makes it worse but it can come on at any time and lasts a few minutes to a few hours.

I wondered, is it possible to develop a side effect months after beginning on the medication?

The doc has prescribed me cetirizine hydrochloride for the rash, which i was taking anyway over the counter with no effect. No doubt he's putting it down to anxiety but I've never had this before.

Anyone else had it?

Any tips on how to stop myself from scratching? I have some E45 itch relief cream but that makes it feel worse.

I'm glad you don't think it's the meds. Don't want to come off them. It's probably stress related, which is typical. Whenever my mood is ok I seem to get physical symptoms instead. It's like my bpd is saying 'Oh no you don't! Look at me I'm still here'. Seems a bit better this morning now I'm on the new antihistamine, which must be stronger than the over the counter stuff. It's in my ear too though which is really annoying because I can't get at it.

Archived