Mental Health Forums

60 Days And A Update

Barebones

hi all, yep its 60 days alcohol free for me. my life is going from strength to strength. what has been happening for me, is ive been doing well at day hospital and im about to finnish there, i had some pschyo therapy there which we worked on a few things about my emotions and so on. my nurse says i have done very well and i deserve more pschyo therapy, so my pdoc has reffered me to them. i have my first assesment at ED clinic next week, and me and dietition has been getting on great. i havent heard from substance abuse still, but nvm i have AA still and that going great. my family and other people have seen a big change in me and think its great.

sry last time i spoke i said that i would come back and be more involved, but that hasnt happend as im not prepared to spend my time being a volunteer mod to be critised in my past behavour and my judgement, as u can see from urself i have made many changes in my life and im not taking shite from anyone. so anyway on the good note is, i have volunteered my time to help the PDSA, which some would know is that i love animals and i would give anything for them. so that should be starting in a few weeks time. doing this will be theraputic for upcoming therapy in some months time. so i will be pleased at that. also im shadow secretary for my sunday group in AA.

so really life is good for me now since all the changes. so im actually happy for once in my life with things.

oh yeah i do have a special surprise change in my life hehe, i gave up smoking yesterday and im still clean :) i went past the first day mark, which in the past i was never able to do. hehe so im saving up all my quit smoking money in a jar to spend on things i like :) last week when i cut down, i spent the money in charity shops and got some good bargains.

anyway i know some is not doing to good, but im posting to give u some hope if u work hard enough in changing things around u and also with in u. these things can happen to u.

take care all, i will still be intouch and will be visiting daily to see how ur getting on.

take care my lovelys

xx

you are doing so well bb well done!!!!!! the pdsa work sounds fab really pleased for you.

i think i need to take a leaf out of bbs book!!!!!

and good luck with teh smoking

Lou

Congrats bb, be proud! 60 days is a major accomplishment, that is wonderful news!!! Continue to take care of you and do something nice for urself for a reward!

What a wonderful post!

So happy for you that things are going so well for you. You have achieved so much and in doing so have given others hope too.

Very well done!

Big hugs

Primal xx

Wow barebones, I think this is fantastic, Im sad that you arent around the boards these days, but also so really really chuffed for you that things are making good.

Congratulations on the 60 days, what a fantastic achievement. I think the pdsa volunteering will be great for you (and generally they dont hold a grudge ;) )

Take care, and best of luck with the smoking, the volunteering and everything else.

Im really really pleased you are happy, you so much deserve it.

With love and best wishes

Angela x

yay BB you are my fav. shh don't tell anyone else though.

thrift shops are my absolute favorite! oh, the bargains they have, i tell you! whew! keep with it, BB. you are doing a fab job. so proud of you! :)

That is absolutely great!! Go you!!!

Will miss having you around but you need to do what you consider best for you.

Wish you all the best and hope you will update us every now and then.

Lilly

yea BB i always knew you could do it! i am glad things clicked for you and you put in all the hard work.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( teri ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

bets

thats all fantastic news well done im so proud of you for accomplishing it all.

the PDSA work sounds really cool i used to do volunteering for the RSPCA and it was hard work and often frustrating but so so rewarding.

again, really well done

all the best

donna

xxx

Archived