Mental Health Forums

Hey

Hopeless

That's fair dos, you've had to deal with that and feel aggrieved but who's done that and why is it relevant in this thread?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because we have gotten the impression that this is another one of those situations. Pretending to be mentally ill for attention just doesn't sit well with us.

Yeah it just doesn't make all that much sense if you comprehend that Hope didn't lie about being 'mentally ill', as has been outlined what seems like over and over now... are you reading other people's replies too? I can't see why you make the connection with people treating it like, a joke, fun, game, however you want to reword it, as if somehow there's been nothing but unadulterated revelry for Hope. I don't think people pretending to be mentally ill particularly sits well with anyone.

first off i would like to apologize for everything i have said about my situation. as you all probally know I dont have schizophrenia it was a lie..

I thought schizophrenia is a mental illness. My mistake.

Yeah she lied about her diagnosis... there are plenty of others in the big book of mental illnesses I'm sure a psychiatrist would be happy to label her with.

I originally closed this thread thinking maybe it was getting out of hand, but I was incorrect. I thought at first people were atacking each other, off topic, or becoming defensive, but that is a part of life and we are all adults and should be able to iron out our problems by talking through them. Open communication is a good policy. Feel free to continue posting. TC all :)

i really dont see the point in this anymore...

she lied, dont we all...

she hurt people, dont we all...

she sorry, aint we all...

all this is makin someone who needs support not get any... i know it hard to forgiva and forget... but cant we all try to at least be supportive to members here that have issue's???

well i just want to get my say. just a few lines, nothing more.

i know a lot of us have been hurt by what has happened but in the end we are all human and we make mistakes. the good thing is that she eventually owned up to it (some will argue not by her own choice but at the end of the day she confessed and that's all that matters.)

the bad side is that a lot of us got hurt. i understand that the trust may truly never be the same again but aren't we the ones who all want a second chance at life? and now someone is sorry can't we, for once, give that second chance that we all long for?

i do admit i was not close to hope at all. but instead of us just sitting around and being bitches, lets just direct the attention to the people who were upset by her and give them our support.

I am all for supporting the people hurt by her actions, especially those who were close to her.

I would like for the ones who were/are triggered by these events to be included as well. I don't want to be insulted by anyone for having my own memories or have those memories belittled.

ummm rabbit?? I've been in hospital many times and they have allowed me my laptop. I couldn't connect to the internet but I had it with me. I then worked out on one visit how to connect using my laptop and mobile phone so yes I was online while being an inpatient. To prove it my laptop charger (which was kept in the nurses station so I couldn't harm myself on it) has patient identifier labels on it.

Different here in the states I suppose. Private hospitals don't let you have that kind of stuff. At least in adolescent ward that was a big no no for electronics. Guess the rules vary in different places.

Given I was only allowed it in the unlocked ward (adult ward). I wasn't allowed it in the locked or HDU wards. I was allowed my mobile phone (without camera... old dodgy one) and my ipod. In HDU I was allowed neither.

Archived