Mental Health Forums

Achievements

OceanCarol

I got out of the house and paid 3 bills, did another errand, took myself out to lunch...lol bought myself some shoes (Its been 2 years since I did that!)

I did have trouble speaking to the lady at the store and the restaurant, but I didn't let it get to me that much. I felt like I made a fool of myself, but I am not depressed about it. I think that's an achievement.

An old coworker of mine came over to the house, and I told her that when I was working with her way back in the late 90's to early 2000's I had depression, anxiety and talked to her about what happened at my work with my boss and how it changed me from being happy to sad, and that I apologized for being so angry back then, but that I lost my trust in a lot of people.

She understood, it was not an easy conversation because I lost a lot of friends because of this, and it felt like a weight lifted off of my shoulders.

I also emailed another coworker of mine during the same job, but didn't talk about anything personal, just nice to know that she wrote back. This is the friend that I adored so much, but when I crashed back then so did our friendship, but it wasn't her fault, or my fault...it was the circumstances. I hope one day that I can really understand that and not keep blaming myself for it. I think this is an achievement because I am looking at it differently.

I don't know where to type this, I just wanted to type it somewhere....I feel like talking but I don't know who I can talk to.

Hey Carol,

Your achievements are really great. Well done for being so brave as to have such conversations and reaching out. It's also a great step forward for you to have treated yourself well and to have been out and about. I know how hard that can be sometimes. The fact that you didn't take it to heart that you thought your interactions with those strangers didn't go well, is a major achievement too!

In short: I'm really glad for you that you have accomplished these things. You should feel pretty proud of yourself :)

Have a lovely day,

Rain x

those are great things to have achieved and i can see how difficult they must have been and how relieved you must have felt for doing them. well done.

all the best

donna

xxx

Thanks rael and scream.

1 This morning when my husband upset me, (He told me to "let him be", he's the only one working it was about his sports and work...I was upset because I don't work, but I do take care of our baby and the house, I think that's quite a bit of work also. I enjoy being a stay at home mom, and I am in no way controlling or anything and I was upset by him saying that.)

I didn't say anything right away, I waited a few minutes and told him that I wasn't upset, but that I was hurt. I think he understood. He gave me a hug and said he's sorry.

2 I practiced three days of breathing and I've been trying to monitor my mood. I've had a lot of anxiety these past few days...like on a high or something, but my mood has been good.

Anxiety high, mood good, stress medium.

3 I went out yesterday to exchange my baby's shoes for the next size up, I didn't have any problem, but the employee did, when he bent down to fix my baby's shoes....he ripped his pants.....I told him don't worry about it.....

These are more fantastic achievements!

You did so well, keeping calm and sorting out your issues with your hubby, thats such a big step. It sounds like the breathing exercises are really helping. Well done and keep up the good work!

Thinking of you

Primal xx

Archived