Mental Health Forums

Advice Needed On Seeking Help

c-bird

Hello everyone,

I decided to find a place where I can get some help in making a choice, and trying to make sure its the right one.

If you think you can give me some advice on seeking help, and how to go about it please read on.

Basically in short Il give you a bit of my history etc and then explain how I will need help.

I am a 21 year old male and have suffered from clinical depression since the age of 13, I started seeing a family psycologist at 13 and was prescribed with an anti-depressant called Ceroxat (Sp?) for around a year.

The reason behind my depression was because of bullying experiences at school which had a really bad effect on me and I lost my self esteem etc.

I started to feel better at around 15 years old but then at 16 I started smoking Cannabis/Marijuana as a way to kind of escape my problems and sort of self medicate if you can understand where Im coming from. Whilst smoking it was good at the beginning but as I got to around 17/18 I started to become very anxious and had to see a Psycologist again. I saw around 3 different ones and by the time I was 19 was prescribed with another anti-depressant called Zispin/Mirtazapine/Remeron, its known as those names in different countries I believe.

I had to quit my job at the age of 20 because it became to much as I was being discriminated against in the work place, it was the same name calling that I had when younger and kind of triggered it all again.

I stopped seeing the Psycologist around half a year ago because we came to the conclusion that he had given me all the help he could.

I quit the cannabis around 6 months ago as I knew it wasn't any good for me anymore, and have been feeling better for doing so.

Nowadays I am trying to get back on my feet again and constantly am trying to make myself have a better outlook on life etc but find it hard to be happy for even a short amount of time.There are a few things that are bothering me that I haven't spoke to anyone about but would like to, thats why Im writing this.

I am worrying and stressing constantly, from the moment I wake up to the moment I put my head down to sleep, I worry about the way I look and how people might be judging me, it plays on my mind a lot when Im in social situations.

I have also been having the following symptoms which really quite scare me into believing I have something seriously wrong. Its a random kind of list, but I wanted to mention everything that has been on my mind.

I get buzzing/ringing in my ears constantly

I get very intensely dizzy when standing up from either lying down or sitting

Short of breath, shallow breaths

Heart beats quite fast

Emotionally I can be very up and down, if I try to distract myself away from worrying I can be happy for a bit, but then all of a sudden Im back down

When speaking to people my face/head feels really tense and stressed and I worry that im frowning at the person because I feel anxious. I worry they will judge me etc.

Feeling real empty inside with a pain in my torso, like a depression feeling

When watching tv or looking at a light, my vision is kind of blurred and I get a sort of halo effect and the light beams off. Hard to explain

When it is pitch black, in my room for example I see faint patterns of light/fuzziness, quite hard to explain cos I dont directly see it, it comes and goes. (really worries me that something might be wrong)

Those symptoms that I experience really make me think I have some kind of schizophrenia, and I cant stop thinking that i might have it but I am too afraid to speak to people about it.

I also worry I might have like a brain tumor or something along those lines and it really scares the hell out of me thinkin about it.

The help I need from you guys is what do I do next?

I am afraid to speak to my parents because I think they will think im mad or something, the same with my friends. Im afraid everyone will thing im crazy.

I am considering seeing another psycologist but I am so afraid.

I just feel really stuck and cannot figure out the best thing to do, so please could someone give me some advice on my situation.

Thanks for reading by the way, I appreciate it.

Charlie

If you are still taking that antidepressant it could be side effects from that. Pay a visit to your doc.

If you are still taking that antidepressant it could be side effects from that. Pay a visit to your doc.

Right, I never even considered that as a possibility.

I will mention my symptoms when I next see my Doc in a few weeks.

Thanks.

Archived