Mental Health Forums

The Next Step

tripper

I have decided the time has come.

Am gonna beg my pdoc for medical clearance and return to work in my former capacity.

My therapist thinks I will have no problems obtaining medical clearance. I just need equilibrium to maintain myself.

Thanks karina :) I am kinda excited about this. Decided this afternoon whilst taking a shower...

rain it means I will get some sort of my life back on track. I have been off work with my mental health issues for two and a half years. It means I can qualify for my pension through my superannuation but I am refusing that... I want my identity back. I want to old tripper... yeah the old tripper was nutty and slightly off the rails but the old tripper had friends, worked for a living and had independence and freedom and most of all... self respect.

The people at my workplace, under guidance from mental health, will be informed of my illnesses and capabilities. I don't want to go in there under the guise that I'm some stark raving mad lunatic... I'm not. I'm just sick is all.

Basically I am taking what is possibly one of the largest steps towards my recovery in returning to work. I'm scared but also excited at the prospect.

I know my pdoc will agree to send me back to work, as in our last session he noted to me how amazingly well he thinks I am progressing despite my illnesses.

I think I am ready.

That's really great, Becc! I hope that works out nicely for you. Our illness is indeed only one aspect, we still have things we are good at, our strong points. You're a great person and have made a really brave choice. I hope it brings you balance and fulfillment :) The others better be understanding.... or else hehe!

Becc thatsa reall big step and I am proud of you for it.

I just dont want you to rush into it, yeah i think it would be great etc but I also know what job you do and how draining that can be. Ok thats the concerned bit over sorry....

Yayyy for becc and good luck we will be here to support you all the way

Lou

I'm behind you 100%. I think it's time you went out and got your life back too. I'm proud of you, my friend.

Love ya,

Nina.

I work in a pathology laboratory / morgue.

Interesting...

When I was a student nurse I went down to the morgue to watch an autopsy. It was really interesting, but I know I don't want one lol!!

On Monday I am starting transitional work. I haven't run this past my pdoc yet and I haven't received medical clearance. Its just working as a gopher in an office so I can re-learn all the windows programs (I use linux at home). Its not even for anything more than a few hours a day a few days a week. Its something at least!

Great for you!

It's pretty good that you're starting slow. Gotta get back in the habit.

Good luck to you and I'm very proud of you! :hug2:

oh wow becc that is absolutly brilliant news that you are going back to work

and it is a huge step and i know it scary and eciting but i think you will do brilliantly

and its good that you are gonna build yourself into it slowly. if you find it stressful

or anything please say and make sure you keep yourself safe. im really really

proud of you hun and please keep us updated on how you get on and im glad going

back to work will help you gain back some of your self respect becuase you are a

lovely kind caring person and i want you to be happy

all the best with the job hun

hugs hugs hugs

:wub:

Well today was a total disaster!

I accidentally broke office equipment, some is beyond repair :( I didn't mean to, it just kinda happened.

I couldn't concentrate. I made all the coffees wrong. I got lost and then sidetracked on an errand.

Maybe I should just forget it? :(

oh hun it was the first day and hey makin the coffee wrong is a good thing

tell them next time they make the coffee for you save you ever having to make it again ;)

look at the good point of today becc you got up and went back to work that is something to be so proud of

and everyone make a mistake on first day it normal dont beat yourself up over it you stuck the whole day

did you manage to have a nice time talking to some of the people you worked with

and hey my first day in the shop all the computer went down cause i pushed a wrong button

point is give yourself time you been out for 2 years right? well it gonna take a bit to get back into it

take it slowly ok.. and try do it one step at a time and focus on the good you did today and im sure every day

you get better at it..

oh as for the concentration thing hell i think we all lose that its a normal thing and bosses expect it

you had alot to take in in one day so your brain wanted a break it ok its allowed

have i mentioned how proud i am of you :D you did fantastic well done

lots and lots of hugs

:wub:

Archived