Mental Health Forums

Achievements This Week

OceanCarol

1 I sent a birthday card to my dad, Long story to that, but I haven't had much contact with him in about 19 years. Felt good sending it, not angry.

2 I used some of my mndfulness skills when talking to my neighbor today, I could tell I was starting to get anxious and feel all out of place and awkward, so I slowed down my speech and my breathing and focused on what we were talking about. I think she is the only person who I can totally be myself with, awkward, anxious, nervous, I can have the fear in my eyes and she is still there for me.

3. I did my puzzle book and didn't feel guilty for taking time out of the day.

It was lovely to log in and read such a positive post. Anger is such a negative emotion especially where anxiety is concerned. You sound like you are finding some inner peace all round. I hope you continue to move forward.

Well done.

I appreciate your reply Susan, it really helps to have support when just the little achievements mean so much.

Carol

well done on using your dbt skills that a great achievment as are the other two

keep up the great work im really proud of you

hugs

Thanks Mickeyfinn, its hard to stay focused sometimes....Its so easy for me to think of only the negative, picking apart the positive is a lot of work. Take care.

I just have to mention that I really like your signature words.

Thinking of you

Carol

Archived