Mental Health Forums

What Are Your Views On Reborns

Hayz

well i have placed a order for a reborn doll, some people think there weird but i just adore them and cant wait to get it :) i have posted to see if anyone else is a lover of them ? i dont want people taking piss out of me if thats what u gonna do then please keep your comments to yourself :) thankx

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hayz my stepmother has a room full of them. She makes them and sells them. Some of hers are for $400+. They look like the real thing down to umbilical cord clips and hospital tags.

Amazing, the first picture particuarly looks REALLY life like. Freaky!

If they bring you comfort and happiness then brilliant. My husband takes the piss out of me because I keep a nighty under my pillow, which I don't wear I just like to hold at night. He says " Ahhhhhh, you got your nighty to cuddle". I reply, " Please turn away from me, your breath makes my eyes water". :lol:

Is this your first reborn? Are you buying clothes and baby things for him or her?

Fairy xxx

fairy yes its my first reborn i`ll be getting. erm i`ll probally buy a few clothes and stuff but wont go balistic lol

I watched a programme where they had babies made especially for them! I found it very freaky. One spent hundreds on clothes and took the 'baby' out in a pram! Another had lots of them and treated them like they were real!!

Not my thing really! Must admit the taking them out in prams made me think of paedophiles, no one would query you with a pram! Just my thoughts. I know this wasn't the case. Sorry if i upset anyone saying that, just my personal view.

Sharon

I saw that programme too. I think, as they have to with any topic on TV, they took the most extreme cases designed to shock us. The people that took their reborns outside in prams I thought were fantastic. They were doing what made them happy, stuff everyone else. I like that attitude, nay admire it. One of the women on this programme, chose to have reborns as opposed to her own babies. She had a husband and he supported and understood her desires. She had a room full of reborns, all beautifully dressed with expensive cots and prams, it really was amazing. Another women had a reborn made that looked the same as her Grandson did when he was a baby. When she collected her grandson reborn she took him home in a baby seat, it was lovely, as her real Grandson had immigrated with his Mother to Australia and she missed him so badly.

When did reborns first appear? Is this a new thing? Hayz is your baby going to be male or female and did you choose their appearance? Also do you have any names lined up?

Fairy xxx

fairy i don`t know when reborns first appeared i only found out about them when i was browsing through a magazine i think. my baby is female. i did not pick her appearance no i am getting her off ebay. i don`t know what to call her yet lol any ideas ? x

Hi Hayz,

I agree with Fairy, if you like reborns and they make you happy then to hell with what anyone else thinks. This thread really grabbed me because I have been looking at reborn websites recently. I recently suffered a miscarriage which left me brokenhearted, the longing to hold something in my empty arms and the constant wondering of what my baby may have looked like has led to a fascination of these kinds of dolls.

Etheria, So sorry about your loss, sending you a fairy hug. Maybe a reborn would help you.

Hayz, names, names and names, lol. I would choose something flowery, but that is me. Rose, Daisy, Violet, Poppy, yeah, I can go on and on! Please let me know what you choose in the end, I am excited for you!

Fairy xxx

Thanks Fairy :) I also love flowery names. Hayz, get a baby name book, hope you're not indecisive like me but you could always put your favourites down to a vote on here!

Grace is SUCH a beautiful name, that is really really nice.

Sorry I didn't realise the pictures of the reborn you posted were your baby. Thus I asked what sex! Ahhhhhh, I love babies, so cute. The closest I have is my beautiful cats, which I call my babies!

Also my nephews. A couple of weeks ago my six year old nephew said to me, " You are abit weird", I replied" What make you say that", he replied, " When you see me you say, oh my baby, I love you so much", I laughed and laughed. I said " We agreed you will be my baby until you are twenty, you have fourteen more years to go". He gave me a look of fate resigned, hahahhahh. Bless.

Fairy xxx

Hayz, Hayz, Hayz, Hayz -

How are you? I hope you are ok Hayz, :P

How cute, really are. Have you ever considered the name

Marchmadness? Just a thought Hayz - :P

March

Freedom of speech n all that Hayz. I think there is something very unnerving about them tbh. The idea of having a reborn to me is ridiculous.. grown ups playing with dolls...

Well Nickyp everyones diffrent and yeah everyone has diffrent views on these reborns but some people cant have babies or have lost babies so turn to reborns. They dont nessacerly play with them!

As far as dolls go they are very sophisticated! I did find it a bit creepy at first, I imagine being in a situation where I'm convinced a reborn is a real baby... interfering with my reality. I like the way they're baked in an oven.

Like a bun in the oven!

I agree, I think Marchmadness is a WONDERFUL name, but not as nice as Hayz. You could a mini me, Hayz junior!

Fairy xxx

hey sweetie

i think it cool how your getting something you like. im really happy for you.

i also seen the program on tv. i found it freaky them treating them as real kids.

but i love all dolls and teddys im a big kid at heart and think a reborn would be so cute.

my mother laughed at me when i said i want one. oh and as for names i thing grace is lovely.

but now if your going to name it after someone i think it should be called shell after me :P

who wouldnt want to be called after a fruit loop like me :lol:

best of luck and cant wait to see more pictures of grace when you get her.

hugs

Archived