Mental Health Forums

What Are Your Views On Reborns

Hayz

well you can't ask people for views but only for views which echo your own.

i saw teh documentary on it a few weeks ago..

the woman pushing it around in a supermarket trolley and allowing others to believe that it was a real baby..

now tell me that *is* right!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I certainly wouldn't take one out in public, but, people that do aren't doing anyone any harm and shouldn't be judged for it, after all, no-one knows what's going on in someone else's head and what they may have suffered, and some people may simply have a love of dolls and be collectors and a bit eccentric. There's nothing wrong with that!

What do you feel, jealous?

Or maybe envy that some people can work out what makes them happy, despite unjustified prejudice?

Fairy xxx

What do you feel, jealous?

Or maybe envy that some people can work out what makes them happy, despite unjustified prejudice?

Fairy xxx

Wow that sure is reading a lot in to her post. See I read it as she can empathize with the women that cant have children.

my opinion for whats its worth is they are no different from grown men playing with model trains. if people want to go out in the street and treat them like real babies is that any diferent from a man making a train set to play with? or adults usuing radio controlled cars in grown up competitions for fun?

the world is big enough to accept all types of people its peoples heads that arent big enough to be accepting of all types of people

pig as always you say things perfectly. and of course your opinion matters.

it always does and alway will for me. hayz cant wait to see pic of this baby

when you get it. oh and if it like a real baby can i be it godmother. heck if it

needs clothes and stuff it needs a godmother lol hugs hun cant wait to see it

oh and have considered shell for a middle name after grace or shell grace??

yeah i think everything so be after me :P joke

hugs

Really?

why should anyone else worry if i choose to get a reborn and a pram, frily dress and go our and play at being a Mum? its not what floats my boat but i bet i wouldnt get far down a hight street before some tit head or another makes some sort of nasty comment, who would i be hurting if i did it tho?

i dont mean every one, but the masses as a group are quick to judge non conformists and its something that i get on my soap box about.

media and stereo typical thinking have a lot to answer for imo

I think they have a lot to answer for too. I wouldn't say the masses are incapable of conceiving diversity, more that they are conditioned not to. I hold hope that people can and will realise the potential to open their minds.... in the mean time I will continue to block out their insolent babbling with my headphones whilst I'm trying to grocery shop and such.

Yeah, pics, pics pics!! I'm excited for you! Does she come with a manual or do you just have to work it out as you go along like a real baby?

Archived