Mental Health Forums

Losing Hope

blakemacleod

Hi Blakemacleod

I have been reading your posts with interest and am very sorry that you feel so low. I understand about your dog being the thing to keep you going, maybe you could get another rescue dog to look after. Someone who needs you to be there for them. Do you have any friends who could help you? I live in England so don't understand about not being able to access health care if you don't have money. I really wish that I could do something to help but maybe just the fact that people do care will help to keep you going. I suffer very badly with panic attacks and find it very hard to cope on a daily basis and I do wonder why I bother sometimes but you owe it to yourself to try and keep going.

Take care and let me know how you are doing

Smudgesmum xxx

Hi Smudgesmom,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I hope that your anxiety attacks are getting better. Things are pretty much the same with me. Trying to keep my focus outward with my dog ( Nigel ) and helping my 87 yr old landlady ( Margaret ). I am also part of our church group which helps prepare meals at a shelter for homeless families and project Angel Heart ( meals for the chronically ill ). Sometimes it is an effort to work up enthusiasm - but ... you do what you can. I do try to not allow feelings of hopelessness/helplessness overwhelm me - not always with a lot of success. But I try.

Archived