Mental Health Forums

This Time Seroxat

horgz

yeah i know i cant take any meds without finding out about them first lol!

i am taking seroquel and have found them to be absoloutely great for me but i have been sought of souffering with depression and anxiety now, nothing serious but enough to bother me!

so my cpn and consultant have perscribed me seroxat??? all i can remember about these is all the stories about people taking them and then commiting suicide! obviously all press is usually aimed at the negative factors but... with a history of suicide attempts myself i am wondering wether i should take them! i will be talking with my cpn on monday when i see her but i am looking for any other advice, outside of the proffessional world.

if any one has taken these or has any experience with them all reply's are welcome!

hey, i just started seroqual, knocked me on me arse the first dose, so they get better then?

i had seroxat a few years back, ooh bout 5 years maybe, it was around the time that was ion the news about the teen suicides in america...

anyway, i started on 20 mg a day, raising to 40 mg after two weeks i think it was? but the first 2-3 weeks, i seriously wanted to die, i mean i was a wreck...it did make me feel worse, but after bout 3 weeks, it was like this dark fog lifted, and i felt fukin great!i mean, the best in years, the only prob i had in ways of side effects, was uncontrolable movement when i was dropping off to sleep, but that was after about 6 months on them... i came off them not long after, cant remember why, n went on to summat else

keep with them, they are fab, but u will feel a bit crappy to start with... hope they help u xxx

thanks for your reply!

well i will start taking them then, as i am more in control over myself now, and just hope that i can ride out the negative feelings.

just a note on the seroquel, i got rushed up through the doses everyday from 50mg up to 600mg a day! for that week or so i was sleeping approx 16-17 hours a day! whe i finally got used to them, about a fornight afte leveling off my dose, i found that i still needed a nap after taaking the morning dose. as i am looking to go back to work i couldnt do this so what i done was requested to take a lower dose in the morning and then a higher dose in the evening when i would be going to sleep anyway. so i now i take 200 mg in the morning and 400 mg in the evening.

i dont know what dose you are on but if you are fed up with sleeping or being knocked out during the day maybe you could request the same.

anyway i have found seroqeul to be the best meds i have taken and have nothing but good remarks regarding them! stick with them as when you get used to the sedative affects then they really do work!

cheers for your advice with seroxat and i hope this helps with the seroquel!

im only on 25mg prn twice a day...

just have to take them to calm my thoughts down when i get too racy, he said cuase thats when i will take them they shouldnt make me so sleepy when im use to them, cause the main effect will be just to level me out...

i will stick them out and see what happens!x

oh right if thats the case then yeah you will get used to them and then reap the benefits these meds bring!

hope they work out for you!

Archived