Mental Health Forums

Damn Pharmacy Given Me Wrong Dosage!

missP

I have just left UK to take a job abroad...before I went, my physiatrist increased my Celexa dosage to 20mg, they had me only on 10mg to see if I had a bad reactions previously (which thankfully I didnt)

Anyway I took the prescription to the pharmacy to get a supply of 20mg and they gave me a packet that clearly says '20mg' on the outside and I have discovered today that the pack of pills inside they are all bloody 10mg!!!!!!!!!!! so I havent for the right dosage to see me through my trip.

I was actually planning to come back for a weekend in July for a check up with the doc and shrink but now I will have to come back in two weeks time as I have to take 2 x 10mg and my pills will run out! Stupid bloody pharmacy, that so dangerous to get customers medication so wrong.....its put a real downer on my stay....grrrrrrr

as some one who works for PPD (prescriprion pricing division) i can honestly say... you wouldnt believe how the pharmasists screw up sometimes!!!

all i would say is, do what i do, open every bottle/packet when in the shop and make sure you get what you should have, and that the directions are correct

my pharmacy is constantly getting my dose wrong. These days I check everything before leaving the premises. Call me anal, but my pills are extremely important (especially the antipsychotics) and I can't afford them stuffing up at my expense.

Happens to me a lot as well, i collect 4 or 5 diff meds and usually i have too much of 1 med and not enuff of other, told my support workers so now 1 of them go with me to collect.

Archived