Mental Health Forums

Zopiclone!

mememe

Hi Guys/Gals

Everywhere i seem to look it says i shouldnt be on Zopiclone 7.5mg per day. I have now been on them and on this dose for about 6 weeks, they are however the only thing that is any use, i have to sleep or i end up causing myself serious damage!

Is it ok to be on these long term? anyone have any ideas??

thanks

x

i was on these long term, the only thing i found was they didnt work for me after the first two days!!! i kept tryin them, but have now changed to summat else, if you are happy and so is your shrink, then carry on... sometimes its what we need x

I took them pretty much everyday for over year. Sleep is so important for your wellbeing. So, as Tray said, if you and your doc are happy with it, there's no problem...

hi, i know what you mean.

im on zopiclone and xanax- both of which should not, apparantly , be given to me either!

xanax is a short acting benzo, and yes, it is great for panic attacks- but it also increases the impulsivity of a person with bpd.

the same is true for zop. plus neither 'should' be prescribed to a person with any past addiction issues- me.

but they help, and other than that the only other psych med i take is the odd seroquel. i am scripted them at 150mg a day, but i would be a zombie if i took that much.

the drs think that zopiclone is less addicting and less prone to abuse than the benzo class sleeping pills- dalmane, halcion, etc.

but i know a lot of people who abuse them. they sell them on the street as they would illegal drugs.

i think a lot of drs are out of touch with the reality, and do not understand bpd...

peace

anne marie

Archived