Mental Health Forums

Dissociation

ragdoll

i guess i disossiative quiet often!

usually when thinga get too much or getting triggered by mey childhood abuse!

I tend to switch off! go into a world of my own where noone can hurt me!!

as a child i used to do this alot & daydream - that's what started all my problems! they though i had epilepsy cause i daydreamed/sitched off!! so they put me in a phsychiatric childrens home!

never forgiven them for that!!

Traceyxxx :angry: :wacko:

when I dissociate I just feel totally detached, as though I've gone very deep within myself,into my core.. This I don't find frightening.But Leaving my body really frightens me to death, the last time it happened I was looking down at myself from the ceiling and all I could think was I'm never going to get back into my body-----I'm going to be out here in space for the rest of time. I can't ever remember being that scared. How can that happen? How can I see myself sitting on a sofa when I'm on the ceiling? Does anyone know what brain process is happening? The really great thing about this site is that for the first time in my life I don't feel alone. So many of you seem to think/feel the way I do, it's so good to know I'm not the only one that has these odd things happen to them.

Thank to you all for shareing. You are all great!

Juaier

do i disociate?

this topic confuses me.

sometimes when im doing stuff that i know is stupid, like getting aggitated with the police and hitting them etc (when they have been called cos im suicidal) im not a person that normally hits and would not be capable of defending myself in a fight, but i really get vicious in circumstances like that.

i know im doing it and know its not good to do and is gonna get me in trouble, but its kind of like its not me doing it and i cant stop myself. same as when i sabbotage my treatment, like when i was in hospital for 3 monthe and supposed to be haveing a few days home at a time to get used to it, but i just left. i sort of know at the time that its gonna harm me, but i cant stop myself from doing it.

is this disociating or just me being a pain in the arse???!!! :wacko:

sounds to me like you 'split' (kinda like dissociating) from what you say it feels like you are very scared and part takes over to try and protect you-like survival-flight/fright?????????

its painful for you I'm sure. I know my version is for me

lorna

Reading a bunch of this, I started thinking of my own experiences that seem to go like this... About 6 months ago I somehow got overly stressed out and had some sort of... this feeling of not being real, not being completly there. It went from bad to worse when I stopped remembering everything that had happened in the last year or two. I felt this feeling like I was not altogether there, like I was only sort of with it. I don't even know how to describe all this. I still don't know what really happened. Some strage state of existance that I don't understand anything about. I would like to know if this sounds to all of you like dissociation.

I felt this feeling like I was not altogether there, like I was only sort of with it.

It feels like that to me. Like I'm not altogether there. It feels like my hair is in my eyes, or I have a sty and my ears are plugged. I can only remember blurry, muffled images.

Archived