Mental Health Forums

A Gift For All Of You...

Nina of the Light

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Ever look at a butterfly? Do you know what a butterfly symbolizes???

the butterfly is symbolic of rebirth after death

reminiscent of spiritual transformation

the presence of butterflies stands for their care for human souls

the butterfly stands for human frailty, both moral and physical

The butterfly is also a symbol of woman's delicacy

symbol of change

growth, change, transformation

SO IN HONOR OF US HERE AT BPDWORLD AND IN GIVING HOPE... I SEND TO YOU THIS BUTTERFLY.

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

I tell you a freaky story about butterflies.

My Mother-in -law died of cancer, November 2006. Not the time of year one would see butterflies. She died on a Saturday. My husband had been called to the hospice, some two hundred miles away on the Wednesday night. On the Thursday I found a caterpillar on the carpet in my living room, I put it outside. On the Friday I found another caterpillar, I put that outside also. Confused as it was November, not caterpillar time. On the Saturday my husband wen to the shops near the hospice, he saw a butterfly, when he returned to the hospice his Mother had passed away.

Freaky!

Fairy xxx

Fairy,

It's true they say when you see a butterfly.... it's the soul of someone who has just passed.

How very magical that happened to you.

Nina.

wow

for my birthday 5 years ago my fiance wanted to get me a tattoo- knowing i had wanted one for ages, i chose that very same butterfly as you posted nina on my shoulder, i always say it represents his soul as he loved my tattoo, i just saw this and immediately felt warmth, thankyou nina and fairy for reminding me of something and someone so beautiful

Nina -

Thanks, my cousin recently past away, and thinking of the butterfly

is really a powerful symbol. Thanks again.

March

There is something about this thread that is so emotive, I have read it a few times now, each time I cry. Not sadness, I am not sure what the emotion is, beauty, relief, I don't know.

To me so very powerful.

Fairy xxx

Thank you for posting the butterfly nina - on the day of my Mothers funeral.

It was a beautiful service and my Mother had a good send off. It was very moving, many moments of closeness with my siblings and many tears as we will miss her so much.

A friend and I went for a walk afterwards and walking through the woods we saw a butterfly on a plant, which did not move as we approached - until my dog pushed the plant with her nose and it flew off, a bit reluctantly it seemed.

It was quite plain but with beautiful markings, and it made us stop and look for a moment..... my mother was very understated, but made her feelings known in subtle ways!

Thanks for this Nina... Butterflies for some reason always meant something to me. No idea why. I'm absolutely terrified of insects, but butterflies are just so... I love them and I'm never ever scared of them. I always feel sad when they fly away, out of sight...

Archived