Mental Health Forums

Icu Baby

sundries

Hey trip, sure, the hospital is run by Ramsay health and I am sure that they have a facility in QLD. Private is definitely the way to go.

I have bipolar II and bpd traits but I am passed the the who labelling now.

I am still at Royal North Shore public hospital as a sectioned patient and have been there for the past 10 days but tomorrow I go back to the Northside "resort".

I have managed to have some fun with the specials by having wheel chair races and taking my Indian special nurse to the hospital church even though he is hindu to pass the time and because I thought it might be hilarious and it was when I showed him how to take communion -I know I am so immature at times!

Sundries, congradulatiions man on being a team support leader - I just saw that on your profile.

I miss this place so much and have spent like almost $50 down here on the internet kiosic in the hospital food court but it passess the time.

I just have to "play the game" tomorrow and tell them the drugs are working brilliantly, I am calm and I am sorry for doing what I did to end up here and I should be discharged tomorrow!

Take you guys very soon and thank you so much for your well wishes once again.

icu_baby

Really pleased to hear from you ICU. Despite being sectioned you sound pretty well. You made me laugh about that nurse, you are so funny.

Emjoy the rest of you stay in the private 'resort' lol.

ps thanks. lots of us are peer support now. Im sure there will be involvememnt opportunities for you too when you come back. :)

Great to hear you sounding so much better ICU. The private hospital sounds awesome! Hope it has more internet access so we get to see more of you here.

Hows it going ICU? Are you settled into the new hospital yet? Haven't seen you on here for a few days but maybe you're busy eating grapes in the spa bath lol.

Seriously though, hope you're doing better hon and will be back here soon.

hugs

yorkie xx

My local private psych ward has new release (new to cinema) movies on demand in each room. Thats about as swish as it gets though.

I'm told even if I have private insurance I must go to the public facility as the private doesn't have the facilities for someone with my problems. How crap is that???

Glad to hear things are on the improve ICU. The spa baths definitely sound welcoming.

Hi guys,

this is a quick reply to say I am missing you all so much. I am on leave for 1.5 hours with my dad so I am at an internet cafe so I can't respond to everyone in detail but I will.

I am still at the private hospital (if I leave I get sectioned) but I am up for review this Friday and hopefully I will be home in time for uni on Tuesday.

My treating psychiatrist(s) have been fantastic, so kind, caring, compassionate, professionals and highly skilled - half my problem were psychiatrists that would leave me out in the cold crying. I have been dx with bipolar and I started on lithium and Sundries the other med - lamotragine (yeah I can't spell) and it has lifted my mood significantly. I am in a mixed state but have come so far. The nurses are so lovely too - they would do anything for you. Even the rooms look like a hotel with soap and shampoo and conditioner nicely presented in white towels and a face cloth.

Tripp - I will talk to you more about getting the right treatment when I go home and have more time to email.

I can't wait to get home though and come back to this forum.

Talk to you soon

Love icu_baby xxxxx

I am so happy that you are finally getting the treatment that you need.

Isn't it sad....and extremely "angering".....the shit we have to go through sometimes to get the help we need??!!!!!!!

Great to hear from you hun. Am SOOO pleased you are getting good treatment. it has really brightned my day to hear that.

Great to hear from you hun. Am SOOO pleased you are getting good treatment. it has really brightned my day to hear that.

You brightened up my day to read that Sundries!

I am back! I can go home everyday now for a whole day and I will be able to go home this Wednesday!

Coming back to my life is going to be stressful and even on the bus and train going home I felt a little disorientated with people busily commuting to home from work, lol, but I don't want to be institutionalised because this makes it difficult to re-adjust back to reality!!!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who sent there well wishes. It brought a tear to my eye to read everyone of your messages and know how much people care.

Thank you all so much.

icu_baby

Glad to hear you are doing so well icu. You've been on a bit of a rollercoaster ride that is for sure!

Yes, indeed, it has been a rollercoaster ride - and a really scary one too. I may still experience those ups and downs though I take great comfort in knowing that I am in great hands and no where to turn to for help. I think taking out private heath insurance is one of the best decisions I have done. Its a shame that the UK doesn't have the same health care model as we do because I know that many on here would benefit. Trip, honestly, my public area health service are hopeless and so is the Acute Care Team so its good to know I have access to a private hospital if I need it.

Makes me kind of wish I can afford private health insurance... but no matter as I've been told I can't go to the private hospital's psych wing as they aren't equipped to deal with me. Apparently they don't have the facility to hold someone who is acutely psychotic.

Hopefully those ups and downs become more stabilised now you're on the lithium. I take it to keep me from apparently becoming suicidal (works to some extent I suppose).

Makes me kind of wish I can afford private health insurance... but no matter as I've been told I can't go to the private hospital's psych wing as they aren't equipped to deal with me. Apparently they don't have the facility to hold someone who is acutely psychotic.

Hopefully those ups and downs become more stabilised now you're on the lithium. I take it to keep me from apparently becoming suicidal (works to some extent I suppose).

rip, who told you that you will not be accepted. Where I was there was people who were psychotic, or extremely suicidal they had a special unit for people in those stages. If you feel yourself becoming ill your GP can write a concise summary that doesn't reveal too much (eg you are suffering from severe depression). They new my history and I was still allowed in and my track record is from from clean, lol. Even if you are forced into a public hospital, once you are stablised you can transfer to a private hospital. Ill do some research to see if the same company has a facility in Queensland.

As for private insurance, I am not working, it cost me $100 a month for hospital cover so I comprimised and cut a few things out like coffee at uni which saved $15 a week. The hospital I was at cost an astounding $800 day or $6000 a week on average depending on the level of care you need. For people like us, we are saving alot of money.

PM me if you want, I would recommend it but its up to you.

cheers

icu_baby

You brightened up my day to read that Sundries!

I am back! I can go home everyday now for a whole day and I will be able to go home this Wednesday!

Coming back to my life is going to be stressful and even on the bus and train going home I felt a little disorientated with people busily commuting to home from work, lol, but I don't want to be institutionalised because this makes it difficult to re-adjust back to reality!!!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who sent there well wishes. It brought a tear to my eye to read everyone of your messages and know how much people care.

Thank you all so much.

icu_baby

Woohoo Glad you are back!!! Missed you - thanks for your sweet pm

:D

I am so glad you are back with us. I missed you even though you do not know me very well I have been following you. I don't post though because I think I have nothing good to contribute to helping you usually.

Archived