Mental Health Forums

I Did Some Cleaning Today!

yorkiegal73

Might not seem like a major acheivement but today i put some washing on AND hung it out, cleared the sink of pots and scrubbed the surfaces. That's more than i've done in the last 3 months. Am having a break now then back to work and emptying the fridge. :)

Think i'm a long long way from being a Stepford wife though!

Yay! Well done, keep going! I have an amazing ability to waste hours away, but today I just cleaned the kitchen, doing the bathroom next. :)

me too no motavation , i have a large patch of mold growing on my carpit were ive knocked a drink over and the mold has taken over , i look look at it and think fucking hell not again , my lanlord will kill me if she sees it all new carpets, havent got a clue how to get rid of mold anyone esle know?

I would use some disenfectant and scrub the carpet with a cloth, good luck! :lol:

Well done Yorkie and Etheria, soon you will be Stepford wives! :lol:

Fairy xxx

i found a website www.flylady.net it's extremely ott but has some good tips on how to start cleaning up if you've really let things build up. they have a thing where you rush round the house with a bin bag and fill it with 27 things and then stop. it really works.

I don't believe it, you really are like a Stepford wife :lol:

Pass on those top cleaning tips :lol:

Seriously though, it's brilliant, I hope you feel really proud of yourself. It does become a nightmare when things are left too long and takes so much motivation to get back on track.

Fairy xxx

its always nice looking back once u have cleaned a room and its spotless.

i got kim and aggies how clean is your house has some really good ideas of cleaning things wivout all the chemicals.

i really need to clean my kitchen and oven so should you care to either share yuour motivation or come and do it for me i would be much appriecative. :D

Hey -

Well done for you!!!!

I hate having to clean up, right now I have dishes in the sink - do you want to load

the dishwasher for me?

March

umm no thanks. :D

i still have weeks of cleaning ahead before it's straight and a few midnight trips to the big biffa bin which really belongs to the flats over the road. I've found tons of loose change and a 7yr old phone bill. My mood was spoilt slightly by a phone call from someone i think was a debt collector (bloody credit card!) but I put on a funny accent and said wrong number lol. Will deal with that later in the week. I've bought a new begonia for my sparkly kitchen too as a reward. :)

Where i have decorated most rooms in my house, i am paranoid about cleaning!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have never been like it in my life! My poor son doesn't know what's up with me!! I hate it, it's not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharonx

Ooh I know how good it feels to finally get some cleaning and washing done! been doing some if it myself recently... Nothing smells better than freshly washed clothing!!! Good you to achieve this! :)

Oh I love cleaning!!! my place needs cleaning at the mo, but its a sunday and I can't be arsed lol.

But go you if you keep at it, it will be sparkling then all you have to is keep on top of it!

sunx

yorkiegal,

I don't have any words to express how proud I am of you and I promise if you don't do another thing for a long time I will not loose hope. I will keep hoping, hoping you can continue tomorrow, hoping it will carry over to other actions, hoping you will have more and more shy grins and good moments.

keep trying I'm pulling for you, believing in you

don't give up

:)

Might not seem like a major acheivement but today i put some washing on AND hung it out, cleared the sink of pots and scrubbed the surfaces. That's more than i've done in the last 3 months. Am having a break now then back to work and emptying the fridge. :)

Think i'm a long long way from being a Stepford wife though!

A clean home equals a tidy mind, a dirty home equals a cluttered mind. Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...

Hello Yorkiegal,

Good for you ! I can totally associate with what you are going threw. Actually your post inspired me, I was able to get out of the house and have a decent meal.

Take Care,

Archived