Mental Health Forums

Insomnia

Lauren

ive not had to much experience of this in a while. Being a person that really needs 12 hours a night but never gets it, I normally could sleep anyplace, anytime :P

But lately im finding it impossible to get to sleep. Or if I do manage to its very light and full of weird half awake dreams.

I am exausted, I NEED SLEEP!!!

Any tips out there?

(((((((Lorna)))))))))

know just how you feel

so frustrating when you cant sleep

as claudine will tell you i'm one of the worst for not sleeping

heres a useful link claudine gave to me back in october!!!

has some very useful tips on how to get to sleep

hope they work for you

they did a little while for me!!!!!

http://www.well.com/user/mick/insomnia/

take care

Traceyxxx

Natural herbs like Valerian and Melitonin work but you have to make sure it don't interact with your drugs. Also you may wanna excercise before you sleep and then take a bath cause if you are anxious and your heart rate is up and your mind is racing you are not going to sleep. Exercise decreses the anxiety and then top it off with a warm bath.

:wub:

OK, Occams Razor, eliminate all improbabilities and all that- Can you think of anything at all that may be causing your sleeplessness? Is it to do with recent life events? Daily stress can severly hamper your ability to get a good nights sleep. Only one night of interrupted sleep is enough for you to experience weird dreams the next sleep you have. It's to do with the brain catching up on REM sleep I think. I know valerian has been suggested a few times but I haven't given it a go. I did try chamomile tea though and all I will say is 'yuk, that ain't tea'. Hoping you get a good rest tonight,

Anwen

I took Valerian for anxiety and it actually did do the trick for the first few weeks. If I took them at night I slept like a light. Side effects are drowsiness but not that bad. I stopped taking the Valerian since you are not supposed to take the recommmended dosage for a long period of time...Started to give me headaches so I stopped it. But, there is no problem taking it for sleep. It does help. But, as another member said to me and I experienced it I think it can make you more depressed...plus you would have to make sure it does not interact with prescriptive drugs.

I take zopiclone and it works :)

Also, I have been sleeping a lot better/easier lately because I have fallen into a routine, like I will listento the same CD before I go to sleep, and try and go to sleep around the same time. Apparently even if you're not asleep, just being un bed will help withroutine stuff.

Archived