Mental Health Forums

Does This Happen To Anyone?

pinklady66

I CAN'T BE CREATIVE!!!! :sm.jpg:

I find that being on my meds to level out my moods have stolen my ability to write. I sit down in front of my comp and I can think of nothing to say. I end up getting so damn depressed. I noticed this in the past week. I hate it! I don't know if I'd prefer being in one of my high moods and being totally scary as long as I can write. I am so pissssed off. Life just isn't fair. There always has to be choices and the choices are so hard to make. I am so damn indesisive on what to do. GRRRRRR!

yup,

A lot of meds play havoc with my creativity. But often the effects will lessen over time. I have found anti depressents to have this effect more than any other med.

Depressed is the best time for me. I am most creative (truly)

when I am depressed. I THINK I am being creative

when I'm manic, but it never looks so good when

the smoke has cleared.

I worried about being flat on meds, but I think that as I

become accostumed to them, it comes back.

XXX

Ann

happens to me all the time, can never think what to say, or that what i say is really shit! indecisive is my middle name lol, you're not alone, just hope it gets better!

:bigarmhug[1]:

I think all meds that are supposed to 'level you out' - including anti-depressants, tranquilizers etc.. take away our pain and stuff (to a degree) but it levels you out so much that nothing else can get in.... We all know that they have an effect on sex drive etc.. I am certain they play a part in taking away our creativity (or our drive to use it)

does that make sense??

Ginny :unsure:

Thanks guys for answering my question. It does feel better that I am not alone. It's awful that meds does that to a person. They dull your mind.

Archived