Mental Health Forums

A Step Forward

Paris

yesterday i had a massive clean out of my flat- i threw away all the old stuff that had been hoarding, threw away all the computers that i had broken, and really cleaned the place up- it looks very different and now i realise i have carpet :lol:

i was cleaning for 5 or 6 hours- still not finished but yeah its liveable now- i admit i had a friend help he cleaned the bathroom for me- i had kept all my fiance's toiletries- hes been dead nearly 2 years now and i had kept them all there and now they have gone!!!!!! thats a start towards some closure i hope, not going to forget him ever, but i have to live for the future and not the past now.......

but it felt good and i was able to sleep in my flat for the first time in ages with no nightmares no flashbacks no paranoia- ok part of that is meds but...the tidying did help getting rid of that mass of rubbish!!!!! its a good feeling!!!

Hey Lou!! Well done you, that is so brave. I can understand how difficult it must have been but you did it!! I'm just in the middle of trying to sort my shit heap of a house out, it's bloody hard work but immensely satisfying, it's as though every bit of mess I get through frees up some space in my brain, if that makes sense lol. Take care flower xx

Hey Lou -

Well done for getting rid of allllllllll those computers you have broken. Don't know

how many there have been, only know that there were a few of them. I know how

difficult it has been since you lost your fiance, it had to talke alot to throw out the

stuff. I know that my sister is still having a difficult time with the same issues. Just

wanted to know how you were doing with it now? I am really proud of you, I know

how hard it must have been. Do something good for yourself.

March

well done you

and yeah that was some lpoad you got rid off

cant wait to visit and see this whole clean place

my god you have a carpet :o

shock horror :lol:

love ya lou be safe and happy birthday well done

very proud of you

Damn! I was going to write to Kim and Aggie and get you on the "how clean is your house" show!

Seriously though, well done, amazing accomplishment

Stevie

Archived